Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given Newcastle and villa reaction to any player we show the slightest interest in it quite possible that we have made the Lansbury bid public whilst trying to sign our number 1 target on the qt ,, also having a bid in for a similar player may strengthen our hand in negotiations with said real target players present club and real target players haste to sign if he wants to rather than fanny about waiting to see if better offers come in?? It's just a thought 

9 minutes ago, archied said:

Given Newcastle and villa reaction to any player we show the slightest interest in it quite possible that we have made the Lansbury bid public whilst trying to sign our number 1 target on the qt ,, also having a bid in for a similar player may strengthen our hand in negotiations with said real target players present club and real target players haste to sign if he wants to rather than fanny about waiting to see if better offers come in?? It's just a thought 

Maybe Uncle Mel has done a little "local neighbours" help policy where we publicly bid for their players so that N'Castle and Villa pay over the odds for them and Fawaz can get some of his money back before he leaves?

Just now, McLovin said:

Villa were linked with him for 5 million but I think that may have been in the summer

He's currently linked to Rangers and when asked about signing a new deal yesterday he sort of dodged the question with the old 'I've got a contract until the end of the season so we'll see what happens.' We could surely match what Rangers could offer but can't they speak to him about a contract now whereas we'd need to have a bid accepted or wait 4/5 months?

If it makes you all feel any better, we're confident of Lansbury but are also trying to land Hourihane. However, everyone and his dog are also after Hourihane whose agent is busy touting him around Premier League clubs and it's thought unlikely even Sam can get his man. And yes we do also have other midfield targets.

That's what I'm told but I am surprised about Lansbury because if new owners do finally arrive down the roadf it's likely a terrible first first move for them in terms of PR. Whatever, Henri can't be done quickly because of the takeover so I'd expect other incomings first.

3 minutes ago, Derbyram1983 said:

Bid £3 for hourihane and loan them a fringe player 

Why does everyone assume we can just loan teams fringe players as part of a deal? :lol: That requires the player to want to go there, them to be able to afford at least a small portion of his wages and then we've got to hope they actually want a player who isn't good enough to get in our 18 man squad. 

2 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Why does everyone assume we can just loan teams fringe players as part of a deal? :lol: That requires the player to want to go there, them to be able to afford at least a small portion of his wages and then we've got to hope they actually want a player who isn't good enough to get in our 18 man squad. 

Just sggesting. This is all hypothetical. We hypothetically bid for him and we hypothetically offer them £3m then we hypothetically offer them a player on loan. They then hypothetically accept. Just a forum. I'm just hupothetically making suggestions hope this one is more politically correct for you 

4 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Exactly!

6 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

If it makes you all feel any better, we're confident of Lansbury but are also trying to land Hourihane. However, everyone and his dog are also after Hourihane whose agent is busy touting him around Premier League clubs and it's thought unlikely even Sam can get his man. And yes we do also have other midfield targets.

That's what I'm told but I am surprised about Lansbury because if new owners do finally arrive down the roadf it's likely a terrible first first move for them in terms of PR. Whatever, Henri can't be done quickly because of the takeover so I'd expect other incomings first.

We're confident on signing Lansbury? Surely there's going to be some outgoing transfers in that case?

Archived