Henri Lansbury - Signed for Aston Villa

DcFc Dyycheee

4 minutes ago, eddie said:

I'm a half-fan today. Got to take my son back to Bristol this afternoon, and I couldn't convince the Memsahib that going via Norwich was a logical route.

Is that Keynsham?

If so you can pop into my mum's for coffee.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Anag Ram said:

Is that Keynsham?

If so you can pop into my mum's for coffee.

Yes, it is. My lad lives on the road (i.e. rat run) out to Queen Charlton.

21 minutes ago, Agadirram said:

You are Horace Batchelor and I claim my £5.

Happy New Year to everyone.

UTR

If he was Horace Batchelor it would cost you £5.

I've never seen him play a bad game. He is a very good footballer tending towards knobendery. It would be a coup to buy a player from them who is as good as their whole team put together, and then leave him on our bench. 

42 minutes ago, Agadirram said:

You are Horace Batchelor and I claim my £5.

Happy New Year to everyone.

UTR

and the words " moi famous infradraw system" on Radio Luxemburg- an ad. often featured when Tony Prince (The Royal Ruler) was broadcasting his nightly programme. If you're not an owd then you'll be thinking I'm talking a foreign language

Derby County boss hints at improved bid for Nottingham Forest star 

Derby County boss Steve McClaren says he will "see if anything can be sorted", after Nottingham Forest turned down the Rams' bid for Henri Lansbury.

The Reds yesterday rejected a bid of in excess of £2.5m-plus for the midfielder from the Rams.

But McClaren seemingly has not given up hope of signing the former Arsenal man, which suggests Derby could return with another offer.

"I think a bid has been confirmed, and I think it's been confirmed they've turned it down," McClaren said this afternoon.

"We'll obviously discuss that even further.

"He's a player we've always admired, but I'll just leave it to the club and see if anything can be sorted."

All a bit quiet on Watford's interest for him. If we're in for him, a good deal to do would be to include a big sum dependent on promotion to the PL. For example, £2.5mil base fee but if we go up, the deal doubles to £5mil.

That way, we would get our man for a good price and if we go up the extra isn't going to dent our balance very much at all. Forest also get a good fee, and if he does help their sworn rivals into the top-flight, they pocket £5mil for a player they would lose for nothing in 6 months anyway.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

All a bit quiet on Watford's interest for him. If we're in for him, a good deal to do would be to include a big sum dependent on promotion to the PL. For example, £2.5mil base fee but if we go up, the deal doubles to £5mil.

That way, we would get our man for a good price and if we go up the extra isn't going to dent our balance very much at all. Forest also get a good fee, and if he does help their sworn rivals into the top-flight, they pocket £5mil for a player they would lose for nothing in 6 months anyway.

Maybe Watford bit is just rumours?

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not sure how appealing that would be to Fawaz- if he's angling to get out then extra cash now is going to be more attractive to him. Might not be around at the end of the season. 

5 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Walter Mazzari is the bookies favourite to be sacked next so would their board want to sign a player if there's a chance they'll be getting a new manager soon who may not want Lansbury? 

I suppose that depends on whether it's the board that do the hiring and firing or the bookies.

1 minute ago, Wolfie20 said:

Not sure how appealing that would be to Fawaz- if he's angling to get out then extra cash now is going to be more attractive to him. Might not be around at the end of the season. 

If he's planning on pocketing the cash, then it shouldn't really take too much more for it to be accepted. I can't see the takeover resting on whether Lansbury stays or goes either. He'll go, it's just a question of who to. Fawaz is desperate to be loved by Forest fans, he has been from the start and still is now even though he's on the way out seemingly. If he's pocketing the cash or not, I think he'll still want to show Forest fans they've got a good deal despite selling to us.

7 minutes ago, Cam the Ram said:

Walter Mazzari is the bookies favourite to be sacked next so would their board want to sign a player if there's a chance they'll be getting a new manager soon who may not want Lansbury? 

Depends on the board whether they actually want him or not. 

1 minute ago, ossieram said:

I suppose that depends on whether it's the board that do the hiring and firing or the bookies.

I think it will probably be the results that decide it  and the Watford board have shown little patience in recent times

23 minutes ago, BuckoBeast said:

Derby County boss hints at improved bid for Nottingham Forest star 

Derby County boss Steve McClaren says he will "see if anything can be sorted", after Nottingham Forest turned down the Rams' bid for Henri Lansbury.

The Reds yesterday rejected a bid of in excess of £2.5m-plus for the midfielder from the Rams.

But McClaren seemingly has not given up hope of signing the former Arsenal man, which suggests Derby could return with another offer.

"I think a bid has been confirmed, and I think it's been confirmed they've turned it down," McClaren said this afternoon.

"We'll obviously discuss that even further.

"He's a player we've always admired, but I'll just leave it to the club and see if anything can be sorted."

Bloody hell, we're getting really good with the old smoke and mirrors hiding our real transfer target type of ting 

You've got to think too , on the Watford interest, it's not like it's a club you can't turn down . Money wouldn't be that much greater than here and whose to say they won't go down ? Theyve been punching above there weight a bit in recent times anyway. Then there's the geographical matters, could be he's settled in the area , family , friends etc.. We're an exciting option for any player at this level, and as fickle as I am , the lads a good player. I was slating him something rotten to all my red dog pals after the Newcastle game . But he could add that character in the middle of midfield that were missing . 

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If he's planning on pocketing the cash, then it shouldn't really take too much more for it to be accepted. I can't see the takeover resting on whether Lansbury stays or goes either. He'll go, it's just a question of who to. Fawaz is desperate to be loved by Forest fans, he has been from the start and still is now even though he's on the way out seemingly. If he's pocketing the cash or not, I think he'll still want to show Forest fans they've got a good deal despite selling to us.

If he pockets the cash, the offer from the new owners goes down by the amount Lansbury is sold for.  The new owners are buying all of Forests assets. So if one is sold, they reduce their offer price.  And once you've agreed a price any sale of assets can only be donw with new owners permissions.

It's like if you agreed a price to sell your house and the garden and garage with it. If you then sold off the garage, the person buying the house would then refuse to pay the original price

Archived