Clough and Burton

Ramz64

On 06/06/2017 at 17:21, ramsbottom said:

I wouldn't say it's for no reason.  A lot of people feel the same whenever you pray at the alter of all thing Clough.  We know you have history with him and his Dad, and that you believe he's a very good manager.  But do you have to keep banging on about it???

For the record, I like him as a man, and a manager.  But he's very limited in his ability, and will NOT get Burton any higher than they already are.  Mid table in the Championship is the best he'll ever do...

Keep banging on about it? Do you want to have a look at my post count over the last 3 months, I bet it's less than 5 posts a week.

Still next time someone quotes me or mentions my name in a topic, I'll drop you a message and ask if it's ok if I reply to them.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

For the record, I like him as a man, and a manager.  But he's very limited in his ability, and will NOT get Burton any higher than they already are.  Mid table in the Championship is the best he'll ever do...

Tbf, mid table championship at Burton would be a remarkable achievement by any manager given the money swashing around in this league.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Rample said:

Wasn't he banned for the first few games of this season, or was that another defender? 

Turner only missed games due to the yellow cards he accumulated.

Mcfadzean was suspended half way through the season twice for off the ball incidents that were retrospectively reviewed.

The Turner "racism" ban looks to be very dodgy indeed and knowing his character I can't believe for one minute it's true.  Not sure if he's ever been red carded in his career either.

Having said that, they gave him the ban at the end of last season, Burton appealed which allowed him to play through the run in and arguably kept the Brewers in the division.

Not ideal to have him missing at the start of the campaign, but I'd prefer that than to be watching League One football again.

On 06/06/2017 at 17:21, ramsbottom said:

I wouldn't say it's for no reason.

A lot of people feel the same whenever you pray at the alter of all thing Clough.  We know you have history with him and his Dad, and that you believe he's a very good manager.  But do you have to keep banging on about it???

A lot of people (okay I mean just me but putting that obviously means my opinion is more valid) feel that your ability to have a pop at someone for holding and voicing a different opinion to you is annoying.

i think we (me and fictitious lot of people) wish you would keep banging on about Ronnie voicing his opinion of Clough in a thread about Clough as if he shouldn't.

NC and his scouting staff have been at it again up in Scotland, signing Liam Boyce from Ross County, same place they got Jackson Irvine from.

The boy has got a bit of pedigree about him, finishing last season as the SPL top scorer.

Rumoured fee is 750k. If he hits it off down here that reall would be a steal.

If by some chance Bucko signs as well Burton look in great shape for next season already.

a decent left wing back and I'd strongly  fancy a finish outside the bottom 6.

3 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

NC and his scouting staff have been at it again up in Scotland, signing Liam Boyce from Ross County, same place they got Jackson Irvine from.

The boy has got a bit of pedigree about him, finishing last season as the SPL top scorer.

If by some chance Bucko signs as well Burton look in great shape for next season already.

The question is, will he be a Bryson/Irvine or will he be a Sammon?

47 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Good bit of business for both clubs. 

Rumoured fee up North is £500k with add ons to make it up to £750k. 

£500k will go a long way in Dingwall, and there's a fair chance he will score goals for you. 

He's got a 1 goal every 2 games since 2014, so there's definitely a goalscorer in there. 

2 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I watched Liam Boyce play a few times last year ( on sky obviously) and I thought at the time he looks a real good player and would do a job in the Championship, another top signing from Nige?

Haven't read all this thread so I'm sure it's been said already, but I can't believe what an achievement it was for Nige to keep Burton up this season.  Just seen their previous transfer record was £250k - how the hell have they competed??  

(Apologies if I'm very late to the party on this!)

23 minutes ago, Hollybush said:

Looks like an astute signing by Clough

£500,000 for the leading scorer in the SPL last season,out scoring the likes of Dembele at Celtic 

maybe ive had Clough wrong all along

Sammon.

On 21/06/2017 at 08:34, Hollybush said:

Looks like an astute signing by Clough

£500,000 for the leading scorer in the SPL last season,out scoring the likes of Dembele at Celtic 

maybe ive had Clough wrong all along

A few have:-)) The bloke is class.

It will be interesting to see how Boyce gets on, could be another Clough nugget.

Now for us to spend some of that £8m on Irvine.

Archived