Clough and Burton

Ramz64

12 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Serious question to anyone who wants to jump in with an opinion but especially to @Derby_EnglandLoyal, and it's not trying to wind you up pal, it's just getting your views and I know you like to make predictions as well :-)

First of all who do you think should win Championship manager of the year

Secondly, who do you think WILL win Championship manager of the year

Thirdly IF by some miracle NC gets voted for, will you start to even slightly change your opinion of him as a manager?

Should win: Jaap Stam (although Clough runs him close, with honourable mentions going to Wagner and Monk). What he's done with a previously average Reading side is phenomenal.

Will win: Wagner. I think he'll get the hipster vote.

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll have a go Ron.

1) I think NC's in with a good shout but I think it will go to Hughton (for success and managing expectation) or Wagner at Huddersfield

2) Wagner's my choice - for success on a low budget (I don't know how much he has spent but the fans were all complaining about a lack of financial support not so long ago) and a good style of football

3) No. I've always thought NC was a good manager with limited funds and last season just confirmed that to me (however much I wish he'd stop banging on about it - I've got the message Nige)

Whoopie doo - first time I've been called a hipster. Thanks Burton

18 minutes ago, BurtonRam7 said:

Should win: Jaap Stam (although Clough runs him close, with honourable mentions going to Wagner and Monk). What he's done with a previously average Reading side is phenomenal.

Will win: Wagner. I think he'll get the hipster vote.

Fair points with all three there BR7. Especially the two lads in the play off final.

Maybe better to wait until that's decided to be able to answer the question objectively.

If Stam gets them up he deserves it for the turnaround, not sure what his budget was but for the achievement alone it would be well deserved.

I want to like Wagner, I really do but aside from his intelligent comments and clear style of play, all I can really see is an absolute replica of Jurgen Klopp, right down to his image.

I prefer a bit of uniqueness in the managers I admire the most and of the new breed of managers with that type of style and effervescent personality,  Jurgen got there first.

44 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Serious question to anyone who wants to jump in with an opinion but especially to @Derby_EnglandLoyal, and it's not trying to wind you up pal, it's just getting your views and I know you like to make predictions as well :-)

Thirdly IF by some miracle NC gets voted for, will you start to even slightly change your opinion of him as a manager?

Hi @ronnieronalde no need to mentioned me mate i know you ain't trying to wind me up. :lol:

Answer for question one is Jamp Stamp. 

Answer for question 2 Chris Hughton. 

Is this all OK with you? It's 100% genuine honest answer. 

Many Thanks 

DEL

:thumbsup:

39 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

I'll have a go Ron.

1) I think NC's in with a good shout but I think it will go to Hughton (for success and managing expectation) or Wagner at Huddersfield

2) Wagner's my choice - for success on a low budget (I don't know how much he has spent but the fans were all complaining about a lack of financial support not so long ago) and a good style of football

3) No. I've always thought NC was a good manager with limited funds and last season just confirmed that to me (however much I wish he'd stop banging on about it - I've got the message Nige)

Whoopie doo - first time I've been called a hipster. Thanks Burton

Completely forgot about Hughton. He's done an unbelievable job in the last two years, seems a top bloke too.

4 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I think it should be between Hughton, Clough and Wagner/Stam (game at Wembley decides who deserves it more) and it will be between those that will win it. I cant decide between Clough and Hughton.

For me I ways wanted him to do well here, more than pretty much every manager we have had since I have been watching Derby. If staying in the championship on a budget is the aim then you will be hard pushed to find a better manager.

• 2 weeks later...
Sith Happens
53 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Oh dear. :lol: sorry @ronnieronalde I can't help it. :ph34r::lol:

Not sure its that funny, if i was @ronnieronalde having a laugh i'd find Vydra's 33 games and 5 goals for £8 million more laughable than Sordells 19 to 4 ratio.

4 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

Not sure its that funny, if i was @ronnieronalde having a laugh i'd find Vydra's 33 games and 5 goals for £8 million more laughable than Sordells 19 to 4 ratio.

It was more to do with Bywater. 

Sith Happens
8 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

He's only a number 2 or at least has been so far, dont think that will change.

39 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

I'm ok with you laughing pal, no worries at all but I look at the Bywater situation differently and see him signing as a major slap in the face for those who don't like/rate Clough.

Remember the "rumours" remember Clough losing the dressing room, being a bully and a poor man manager, remember that, most of it centred around the likes of Bywater and Naylor.

Bywater signing for him again kind of gets rid of that stupid accusation, or at least it should for any one who isn't totally biased.

2 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

I'm ok with you laughing pal, no worries at all but I look at the Bywater situation differently and see him signing as a major slap in the face for those who don't like/rate Clough.

Remember the "rumours" remember Clough losing the dressing room, being a bully and a poor man manager, remember that, most of it centred around the likes of Bywater and Naylor.

Bywater signing for him again kind of gets rid of that stupid accusation, or at least it should for any one who isn't totally biased.

Who started the rumours of bully bit? 

Just now, ronnieronalde said:

Possibly the sports lead of our supportive local radio station who then went on to become the clubs media officer.

Oh right ok thanks for the answer Ronnie. 

Just now, ronnieronalde said:

what's that? @ramsbottom insulting someone for no apparent reason again?

I wouldn't say it's for no reason.  A lot of people feel the same whenever you pray at the alter of all thing Clough.  We know you have history with him and his Dad, and that you believe he's a very good manager.  But do you have to keep banging on about it???

For the record, I like him as a man, and a manager.  But he's very limited in his ability, and will NOT get Burton any higher than they already are.  Mid table in the Championship is the best he'll ever do...

Archived