Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

No I'm derby till i die. But what I've said is true. And you can't argue anything else but what I said about nigel is fact.

I don't think that Nigel and his scouts are actually terrible and having seen his office I know that Sam's desk isn't marble; I don't think we looked like idiots in two games against us - Burton played well in the first leg and defended for their lives in the second leg - not sure how that makes us look idiots; you may or may not be right about the £60m - I'm not party to the contracts that have been signed.  Other than that, good facts

10 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

My top six Championship managers this year are Hughton, Wagner, Stam, Heckingbottom, Clough and Jokanovic.

Big list.

Hughton and jokanovic have been superb. Heckingbottom has done well.

wagner and clough produced dire football at pride park - i'll judge them on that

Reading could yet flop.

gary monk should really be in any top 6

8 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Jokanovic for me. 

Great team to watch and just need that play off place. I think they'll go to the final if they get it. Can't see anyone beating over 2 legs of being dominated

Unfortunately I think it'll be Wednesday and their lump-it-football that will succeed over Fulham's nice play, they are so brittle at the back, as witnessed against us.

19 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Big list.

Hughton and jokanovic have been superb. Heckingbottom has done well.

wagner and clough produced dire football at pride park - i'll judge them on that

Reading could yet flop.

gary monk should really be in any top 6

Reading deserve to flop after yesterday's result... Praying for Forests relegation is all that's left of my season... Sad as that seems... 

6 minutes ago, philmycock said:

Unfortunately I think it'll be Wednesday and their lump-it-football that will succeed over Fulham's nice play, they are so brittle at the back, as witnessed against us.

I've a few decent long suffering Wendies mates. I go for them out of the playoff bunch. Be good to see that size club back in the prem if it's not us. Good to see Blades on the up too. 

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Didn't think much of Nigel's input in getting Burton promoted from League One, but he deserves huge credit for them staying in the Championship. An excellent job and IMO should be a geniune candidate for manager of the year.

My top six Championship managers this year are Hughton, Wagner, Stam, Heckingbottom, Clough and Jokanovic.

I can’t remember anyone discounting the important contribution of JFH - however NC did end up managing more of Burton’s games that season. The regular Burton RD commentators thought NC brought about a more attacking style of play than seen under JFH. By the end of the season NC had only a very small, bruised and battered squad available but managed to get them over the line and automatic promotion.

Not bad really.

3 hours ago, ramesses said:

I can’t remember anyone discounting the important contribution of JFH - however NC did end up managing more of Burton’s games that season. The regular Burton RD commentators thought NC brought about a more attacking style of play than seen under JFH. By the end of the season NC had only a very small, bruised and battered squad available but managed to get them over the line and automatic promotion.

Not bad really.

I've just realised, the perfect managerial con would be to force your players to play high tempo, high pressing, klopp style football for the first 4 months of s season. Shoot to the top of the league, get loads of plaudits, then snaffled by someone else at Christmas on a massive Christmas. Leaving your successor with a knackered squad, that then drops like a stone, making you look even better for managing to get what now appears to be a rubbish squad (in truth a knackered squad), to the top of the league. 

Sith Happens
5 hours ago, angieram said:

Were quite lucky that Leeds had that early goal disallowed yesterday for what was clearly not a foul on Bywater. 

Would have changed the whole complexion of the game. Fine margins.

As we know ourselves with the goal disallowed at Forest when the keeper was fouled by his owner player.

Officially safe then. I half expect them to do a Rotherham by defying the odds in their first season up but collapsing in the second.

The other half of me says that they're far less likely to change managers (ie, they're not relying on Warnock to make them just about good enough, but are screwed without him) and stand achance of repeating/bettering this season's outcome next yer.

Either way, bloody good job Brewers

A bit over-hyped for me.

you could argue that they've been slightly fortunate to have had a season with some very poor championship sides in Wigan blackburn and Rotherham, whilst Birmingham also imploded.

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

A bit over-hyped for me.

you could argue that they've been slightly fortunate to have had a season with some very poor championship sides in Wigan blackburn and Rotherham, whilst Birmingham also imploded.

The Blackburn that did the double over Derby, you mean?

8 minutes ago, RamNut said:

A bit over-hyped for me.

You might argue that was a factor if they'd stayed up with fewer points than survivors in previous seasons  - but I don't think that's the case.

8 minutes ago, eddie said:

The Blackburn that did the double over Derby, you mean?

Lol. did they. Jeeze. My memory is going. 

How did we get on yesterday?

Archived