Clough and Burton

Ramz64

3 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Chris Porter was NC first signing. 

In an interview straight after, Clough said Porter was someone the club had been watching for a while and the deal was already in place when he arrived. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio Derby is hilarious for Clough's interviews every week.

You can guarantee they are always hard done by and deserved more out of the game. If they are to lose fair and square then the financial excuse comes out or how many injuries they have. 

14 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Radio Derby is hilarious for Clough's interviews every week.

You can guarantee they are always hard done by and deserved more out of the game. If they are to lose fair and square then the financial excuse comes out or how many injuries they have. 

Totally agree never really heard him come out and say they were s**** etc. Always excuses.

3 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

I wasn't talking about one particular game. I said it is every single game they lose.

This. When they go over to Burton it's the same old story. After the game on Saturday "Oh we played really well deserved more from the game." enter excuse here.

I don't miss his blinkered glasses thankfully.

Double standards again lads. 

If he ever comes out and says we were s**** or x player was s****, then he gets hammered for criticising.

The truth is (and I don't know why this causes a few so much angst) the budget is s****. 6m in total, the same as you're about to pay for Tom Lawrence.

"We" and I'll say we now cos I'm back there fully. Just got done by Boro who spent 43m in the summer and Hull, but we competed and weren't outclassed in either game (if Irvine hadn't have been sent off it would have been a different game).

I watched both games and if somebody asked me, radio or in the street. I'd be saying the same thing, unlucky, matched them for large parts of the game but ended up losing to quality we can't afford or attract.

Yesterday - Assombalonga (15m) Gestede (6m) Bamford and Fletcher (6.5m).

I don't understand why him telling the truth makes so many people angry. It's still bizarre in my mind.

23 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Double standards again lads. 

If he ever comes out and says we were s**** or x player was s****, then he gets hammered for criticising.

The truth is (and I don't know why this causes a few so much angst) the budget is s****. 6m in total, the same as you're about to pay for Tom Lawrence.

"We" and I'll say we now cos I'm back there fully. Just got done by Boro who spent 43m in the summer and Hull, but we competed and weren't outclassed in either game (if Irvine hadn't have been sent off it would have been a different game).

I watched both games and if somebody asked me, radio or in the street. I'd be saying the same thing, unlucky, matched them for large parts of the game but ended up losing to quality we can't afford or attract.

Yesterday - Assombalonga (15m) Gestede (6m) Bamford and Fletcher (6.5m).

I don't understand why him telling the truth makes so many people angry. It's still bizarre in my mind.

So you've decided to not be a Derby fan anymore to become a Burton fan, am i right?

7 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

So you've decided to not be a Derby fan anymore to become a Burton fan, am i right?

Yes.

I liked Derby before cos his dad was in charge and I couldn't forget that, even though I was brought up at The City Ground. I hated Derby for two games a season whenever we played you but secretly wanted you to do well.

I then loved Burton for 10 years.

Despite the tough decision to stop going to Burton I then loved Derby with my whole heart while NC was in charge.

I'm now back to liking Derby again (despite some of the forum member reactions to me) but won't go out of my way to watch you play anymore.

I now love Burton with my whole heart and would prefer not to have to change again.

Hope that clears up any doubt.

1 minute ago, ronnieronalde said:

Yes.

I liked Derby before cos his dad was in charge and I couldn't forget that, even though I was brought up at The City Ground. I hated Derby for two games a season whenever we played you but secretly wanted you to do well.

Despite the tough decision to stop going to Burton I then loved Derby with my whole heart while NC was in charge.

I'm now back to liking Derby again (despite some of the forum member reactions to me) but won't go out of my way to watch you play anymore.

I now love Burton with my whole heart and would prefer not to have to change again.

'It's complicated' would have been appropriate. :lol:

5 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Yes.

It would have been easier to say I love the Cloughs and will support them wherever they are, you don't support any club.

18 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It would have been easier to say I love the Cloughs and will support them wherever they are, you don't support any club.

Not true at all.

I probably support those clubs better than the majority of their own so called "proper" fans.

I've ALWAYS been clear that my support first and foremost is for Nigel, then it's the players, then it's the club. I've not got a huge amount for a lot of fans of those clubs though and I don't apologies for that. 

I've been around long enough for people to know my reasons. I only mention them when I'm specifically asked. It's not my fault or issue you haven't seen that before, I've posted it often enough.

46 minutes ago, ossieram said:

by christ! easy on there, I don't anybody deserves to be accused of supporting Leeds!

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not true at all.

I probably support those clubs better than the majority of their own so called "proper" fans.

I've ALWAYS been clear that my support first and foremost is for Nigel, then it's the players, then it's the club. I've not got a huge amount for a lot of fans of those clubs though and I don't apologies for that. 

I've been around long enough for people to know my reasons. I only mention them when I'm specifically asked. It's not my fault or issue you haven't seen that before, I've posted it often enough.

Believe it or not, you're not unique.

My soon to be nephew has been a Derby, Sheff Utd and now Burton fan in a similar way.

Christ, the pennies dropped!

You don't have a wedding coming up, do you?

8 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not true at all.

Each to their own. I just think it's a bit odd

Archived