Clough and Burton

Ramz64

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rample said:

Well I have a loathing for all teams Nigel is at so it figures there'd be an opposite out there.

Why? What did he ever do to you to arbitrarily loathe any club he's at?

He splits opinion in terms of what he did for the club. Personally I'm if the middling opinion that he did a job that needed doing very well, but he took us as far as he was going to go (and competing in the top half of the champ was a great achievement for a so-called non-league manager). But he never really did anything that should make anyone loathe him, and everything he touches. That seems a bit harsh. Did he run over your car or something?

If he came back to derby, would you switch clubs entirely?

12 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Not true at all.

I probably support those clubs better than the majority of their own so called "proper" fans.

I've ALWAYS been clear that my support first and foremost is for Nigel, then it's the players, then it's the club. I've not got a huge amount for a lot of fans of those clubs though and I don't apologies for that. 

I've been around long enough for people to know my reasons. I only mention them when I'm specifically asked. It's not my fault or issue you haven't seen that before, I've posted it often enough.

Does Nigel know you've been stalking him for years?

7 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

He should have gone to Forest really, may never get that chance again.

He's turned it down more than once, maybe he just doesn't want to work for a club they treated his dad badly at the end of his career. Announcing his retirement for him without speaking to him about the announcement etc...

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

He's turned it down more than once, maybe he just doesn't want to work for a club they treated his dad badly at the end of his career. Announcing his retirement for him without speaking to him about the announcement etc...

I think that side of it's probably gone now Dav and it wasn't only down to the they treat his dad, the way they handled his move to Liverpool was also poor, taking Liverpool to a tribunal in what should have been NC's testimonial season. played for them for 10 years, signed for nowt, yet they dragged it out over a few quid.

There may be a lingering annoyance but the club is totally different with none of the same people . I think this time it was purely down the mental Chairman.

He might not get another chance but I really don't think he'll be spending too much time thinking what could have been.

Sith Happens
12 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

He should have gone to Forest really, may never get that chance again.

He wont get a chance this season at least, come the autumn though he might do.

Archived