Clough and Burton

Ramz64

16 minutes ago, Anon said:

Brilliant! I knew Clough would turn over the dirties. Continually grinding Leeds into the dirt was by far and away my favourite thing about Clough's reign at Derby. I will laugh my head off if Leeds miss out on the play offs. Burton pretty much safe now. An incredible achievement.

Sky Sports will be gutted

• Replies 822
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Boycie said:

I'm glad for little Burton, looking forward to the A38 derby next season.

Be nice to beat em this time though 

be nice to score past them...let alone beat them  ;)       ..gospel    i know of at least  10 locals whom have jumped out of there arm chairs  after years of watching Liverpool.  Man Utd   and jumped on the Burton band wagon     sad gits 

30 minutes ago, neil62uk said:

be nice to score past them...let alone beat them  ;)       ..gospel    i know of at least  10 locals whom have jumped out of there arm chairs  after years of watching Liverpool.  Man Utd   and jumped on the Burton band wagon     sad gits 

Leave Ronnie alone!

?

17 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

Clough and his scouts are terrible. So glad we sacked him, spent £60 million on players and 5 years down the line we're only 5 places better off in the league table. 

But sam rush still has a marble desk to work off so everything's okay lol

13 minutes ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

This season Clough made us look idiots and me personally saw it coming but I didn't want to sack him.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Go and watch your lover at Burton then. Bye. 

Didn't think much of Nigel's input in getting Burton promoted from League One, but he deserves huge credit for them staying in the Championship. An excellent job and IMO should be a geniune candidate for manager of the year.

My top six Championship managers this year are Hughton, Wagner, Stam, Heckingbottom, Clough and Jokanovic.

1 hour ago, CLOUGH1971-72 said:

No I'm derby till i die. But what I've said is true. And you can't argue anything else but what I said about nigel is fact.

What you don't mention is that since he got sacked we've been in the play-offs twice, been to Wembley, won a hell of a lot of football matches and seen some entertaining football.

Nigel is far better suited to the plucky little Burton role with avoiding relegation the only necessary achievement

11 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I do wonder aloud how sustainable it can be, however..

I was thinking this.

I think they've only got nine players contracted for next season. It could well be that they need to rebuild every summer.

They may well rake in £500,000 profits a year but that's not going to make much of a difference if it's reinvested.

12 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Don't understand the animosity towards Burton from Derby fans, nor t'other way around.

Happy they're sticking around.

I do wonder aloud how sustainable it can be, however..

It is sustainable, just as long as their quite excellent manager remains there.

Archived