Derby vs Norwich - matchday thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, lrm14 said:

Sounds like it'll be a really entertaining game either way then.

At least Newcastle were fun to watch under Kevin Keegan and his gung ho football when they either won 4-3 or lost 3-4 every game. We've just got a lower Prem attack being let down by a League 1 defense.  

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

At least Newcastle were fun to watch under Kevin Keegan and his gung ho football when they either won 4-3 or lost 3-4 every game. We've just got a lower Prem attack being let down by a League 1 defense.  

We were in a similar situation earlier in the season. We had a top championship attack and defence being let down by a sunday league manager, it hurts I know.

10 minutes ago, NorwichLad said:

I think a League 1 defence is putting it too kindly, Try a non league 2nd division conference team defence :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow.

I'll be on the train up from Bristol.

Any idea of the expected crowd?

I'd say 29k-31k. 

Really looking forward to this game now, I believe it will be the first time this year we would have beaten, a top six team, if our centre halfs are on form as normal, and our midfield 3 play as they have been doing, and Ince Carrys on his form, and Bent is making his runs all game, we will win 2-1, and cries of Stevie Macs barmy will be ringing out across the Ipro. I am so looking forward to watching Derby again, thank you very much Mac , you have given us our Derby back.

Reading the wrist slashing from the Norwich fans, which sounds so heartfelt and honest, I am begining to think this is going to be an interesting game. 

One of those mad ones where we do score goals and so do they. Mistakes aplenty and something barmy like 3-3

Or hope against hope we get an early one and their frailty bites allowing us to thrash them. 

Iove Friday night pre match anticipation. 

10 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Norwich fan here.

I expect you to beat us comfortably.

You are coming up against a team which has the capability in their squad to tear you to shreds. But one which isn't playing for their manager, who doesn't know what his best XI is, and a guarentee that whatever back 4 we put out will be one that has forgotten how to defend.

Unless your attacking players have one of those mad days where the ball just doesn't go in, I'd be happy to speculate that we can expect to see 3 Derby goals, preceded by 3 defensive errors of Sunday League proportions. 

We'll probably respond with 1 worldie from one of the amazing Murphy twins, leaving us to face a somber journey back to Norfolk wondering how long we'll be able to keep hold of the aforementioned twins should our clueless board continue to back a manager who has lost the plot.

You'll be left wondering how the hell we've ever been mentioned as promotion contenders, and Norwich fans will be left hoping that the next time we meet it will be under a new manager who can motivate these players to show you at Carrow Road next year. 

Honest assessment. You'll understand all of the above of course, having seen Derby under both Pearson and McClaren this season. 

Don't give in yet mate, we have a habit of giving "down on their luck" teams a leg up, we do also get the

current visiting manager fired, so not sure which one it will be, and it really could be either one!!!

This is game that really excites me more than any other this season. When Steve came back it was all 'we just want exciting football anything else is a bonus'.

Now we are nearing the top there is creeping in of 'a point against a rival wouldn't be bad'... and both feelings have merit.

Personally I hope we stop thinking of the 'bigger picture' and just play the game to win..and with fast flowing football. Let's be 'we'll score 2 or 3..you can have a goal if you want' all season... go for 3 points every game.

Entertainment is what I want. Smiles are back on faces, let's not worry about other teams..and let's see where we end up.

19 hours ago, NorwichLad said:

Norwich fan here.

I expect you to beat us comfortably.

You are coming up against a team which has the capability in their squad to tear you to shreds. But one which isn't playing for their manager, who doesn't know what his best XI is, and a guarentee that whatever back 4 we put out will be one that has forgotten how to defend.

Unless your attacking players have one of those mad days where the ball just doesn't go in, I'd be happy to speculate that we can expect to see 3 Derby goals, preceded by 3 defensive errors of Sunday League proportions. 

We'll probably respond with 1 worldie from one of the amazing Murphy twins, leaving us to face a somber journey back to Norfolk wondering how long we'll be able to keep hold of the aforementioned twins should our clueless board continue to back a manager who has lost the plot.

You'll be left wondering how the hell we've ever been mentioned as promotion contenders, and Norwich fans will be left hoping that the next time we meet it will be under a new manager who can motivate these players to show you at Carrow Road next year. 

Honest assessment. You'll understand all of the above of course, having seen Derby under both Pearson and McClaren this season. 

If you're as bad as we were under Pearson then God help you. He came in to Derby raised my hopes only for me to scratch my head and wonder what is happening.

I think you're being a bit hard on Norwich I have always thought they are a tough team to beat and I have no doubt it will be the same today. 

Even we won a game with Pearson in charge.

As for now I still feel we have room for improvement if we are going to make a serious challenge for promotion. 

1 hour ago, Gritters said:

If you're as bad as we were under Pearson then God help you. He came in to Derby raised my hopes only for me to scratch my head and wonder what is happening.

I think you're being a bit hard on Norwich I have always thought they are a tough team to beat and I have no doubt it will be the same today. 

Even we won a game with Pearson in charge.

As for now I still feel we have room for improvement if we are going to make a serious challenge for promotion. 

I also think you're being a little disrespectful to Derby suggesting that if the team played for their manager they'd tear us to shreds. Kiss of death alert, we'll probably lose by 3 or more now I've said that. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I also think you're being a little disrespectful to Derby suggesting that if the team played for their manager they'd tear us to shreds.

Is that aimed at me? 

The point I was trying to make is that we don't have any talent deficit when it comes to attacking players, not that we are in some way entitled to thrash anybody. 

Don't think I could have been any more humble and honest on here than I have been really. What do you want, me to nosh off Tom Ince? 

Its true that we are one of the 2 or 3 teams in this league that simply wouldn't need Tom Ince, but I'd nosh you off to take a couple of your defenders. Hardly a controversial statement, considering the GF and GA columns. 

Although I'd put a fiver on Ince grabbing a goal today if it were acceptable to bet against your own team. 

Archived