Derby vs Norwich - matchday thread.

Rev

Derby County vs Norwich City

I-Pro Stadium 3pm Saturday 26th November 2016.

Norwich are the visitors Saturday, apparently in poor form and slipping down the table, but as I've had no reason to look that high up the Championship I couldn't tell you where they sit.

Poor form or not, a sterner test than Rotherham surely awaits, can we improve again and win 4 league games on the bounce for the first time under McLaren's reigns?

One of my all time favourite football songs was sung to the Canaries by their closest rivals Ipswich, it goes like this -

Your father is your brother,
Your sister is your mother,
You all f*** one another,
The Norwich family.

Let's be 'avin ya opinions on the game, then!

COYR.

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely one we can win. They sit 6th, and a win would take us 1 point behind them. Although I doubt we'll be 1 point off the play-offs if we win this, it shows how close we are despite our bad start.

Our confidence is high, theirs is low. If a draw was offered for this one, I wouldn't take it.

1 hour ago, reveldevil said:

Derby County vs Norwich City

I-Pro Stadium 3pm Saturday 26th November 2016.

Norwich are the visitors Saturday, apparently in poor form and slipping down the table, but as I've had no reason to look that high up the Championship I couldn't tell you where they sit.

Poor form or not, a sterner test than Rotherham surely awaits, can we improve again and win 4 league games on the bounce for the first time under McLaren's reigns?

One of my all time favourite football songs was sung to the Canaries by their closest rivals Ipswich, it goes like this -

Your father is your brother,
Your sister is your mother,
You all f*** one another,
The Norwich family.

Let's be 'avin ya opinions on the game, then!

COYR.

Look like you could be on long form for rest of the season (hopefully) 

same team again (YES INCLUDING BAIRD) 

2 hours ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Think we could come unstuck with this game. No reason to believe we will but can just see it. Undue pessimism probably. I'd be delighted with a draw.

Tough game.

I'm very wary that they're in bad form, which in my mind I can either interpret as 'fantastic, great time to play them' or '***** sake, they're due a win'.

6 hours ago, Leicester Ram said:

I'm very wary that they're in bad form, which in my mind I can either interpret as 'fantastic, great time to play them' or '***** sake, they're due a win'.

Same here. Rotherham were just in awful form and had awful players. Norwich are in awful form but have a great squad. The bad run has to end sometime and it would be typical for it to end against us.

The way we are playing at the moment and with the confidence we have there is absolutely no reason why we can't beat Norwich but there is always that thought in the back of your mind that makes you have doubts.

Looking forward to the game though. Always liked Norwich City going back to the days of Culverhouse, Goss, Rosario, Fleck and those kits made by asics. Norwich also is one of my favourite cities to visit in the country, not that it's anything to do with football mind.

Yes lads, it is one of those games isn't it 

Win this and the recovery is cemented. We won't be seen as either dire or fragile, we'll be back not perhaps as title contenders but a team to be wary of no matter who you are. Lose and we might take two steps back. 

I think we can win it on current form and that is what Imam predicting. If we get a draw I won't sulk or be depressed. If we lose I am going to curse, swear, fret about beating forest and have a black mood until at least tuesday night

Just now, Leicester Ram said:

You got a link mate, sounds amusing

It's on pink'un forum, they want their manager out already and Norwich are 6th atm. 

Well this will be a good test for Macs super Rams, how far have we come in a short space of time? will be revealed come Saturday, can we win yes, will we win yes, can not wait for Saturday , if our midfield is on its game, and Ince and Bent carry on there fine form, and if Pearce and Keogh are as they have been all season we will win, 2-0 to the mighty Rams , goals from Bent and a cracking goal from ex Norwich player of the season Johnston. Once a ram always a Ram.

I need us to win this one thanks!

Norwich fans are hating it ATM. A lot have stopped going due to the football (goes as far back as Lambert leaving) but defensively they are poor and all I hear points towards Russell Martin plating CB as the big problem (always rated him but hey ho) but none Of The defence is rated highly.

Fan power will likely force Neil out sooner rather than later, hopefully on Sunday after a good beating at pride park!

This is a massive game in terms of our season ,, I said in answer to posts saying mathematically the play offs are highly unlikely ( average points per game ) that I believed the play offs were very much in reach and within three games ( before Rotherham) we could be sitting 3  points off play off spot ,,, well if we can go on and beat Norwich we will be a maximum of 3 points off play offs ,in fantastic form with momentum aplenty ,,, a loss or a draw does not destroy us but a win is massive ,, said when Mac was reinstalled that I just could not call which way it would go ,,,,,,, bloody hell what is it with Mac and Derby??? He just seems to get us playing very good football,, come on Derby let's turn it on it's head this season with a poor start and a romping home finish to the season rather than the other way round 

Archived