Goodbye iPro Stadium, Hello Pride Park

rynny

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mckram said:

I'd heard this was happening a few months back.

They wanted us gone because I think Coca Cola are buying them and wanted a bigger footballing name to have their sponsorship rights. So expect to see them sponsoring a top 10 prem side next!

We got the full money from the contract though so no brainer for us, get them out and get some more money in! 

Are you saying they paid the full 7m that was supposed to be paid over ten years then Derby decided to end the relationship?

Not a chance.

Where did they get the 7m from? Certainly wasn't from sales and none of the other companies in the "group" have anywhere near that kind of capital.

Cowboy deal from day one.  Was never going to work and that's not hindsight, I was very vocal about it in the first place, I wonder if we'll get to find out just how much/little CASH they actually paid the club, not talking about free products.

Record breaking deal for a club outside of the top flight, my arse.

I couldn't really care less, as I never minded the iPro branding. I'm a bit surprised though given the size of the deal.

Obviously there will be a new deal. As it would combine my two hobbies and placate the Pride Park or nothing brigade, might I suggest we look into the possibility of the London Pride Park Stadium?

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I think Football Manager were onto this. I was wondering why it was referring to Pride Park!

It's amazing how much they know. I remember Miles Jacobson (develops FM or something) tweeting Bryson about signing his new contract for us - this is at a time when it was pretty much accepted that he was leaving if not already gone. A few days later and boom, five year contract announced.

1 hour ago, ronnieronalde said:

Are you saying they paid the full 7m that was supposed to be paid over ten years then Derby decided to end the relationship?

Not a chance.

Where did they get the 7m from? Certainly wasn't from sales and none of the other companies in the "group" have anywhere near that kind of capital.

Cowboy deal from day one.  Was never going to work and that's not hindsight, I was very vocal about it in the first place, I wonder if we'll get to find out just how much/little CASH they actually paid the club, not talking about free products.

Record breaking deal for a club outside of the top flight, my arse.

It was a bizarre deal from the start and was clear that there was something us fans were not privy too.

It was pretty obvious we wouldn't see our the 10 years.

Dont worry, if we keep making business decisions, managerial sackings/appointments and player hiring eventually we will get it right, law of averages says so!

Archived