Goodbye iPro Stadium, Hello Pride Park

rynny

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad about this. I'm a traditionalist and I want football clubs to have one fixed name. Like Plainmoor of Torquay United - now the Launa Windows Stadium. Bolton have been the Reebok and are now the Macron or something daft. Bradford is Valley Parade but is now the Northern Commercials Stadium replacing the Coral Windows Stadium.

It's just another devaluing of football identity IMO but certainly at lower levels I can understand the point in renaming generating much needed revenue. Still disagree with it though.

Chesterfield. Was the B2Net when it opened and now the Proact. Both ridiculous names anyway. Sheffield Road would have been more appropriate and traditional IMO. Or the Whittington Moor Stadium .

For big teams it's just another way of selling their souls. Do they really need any more money?!

1 minute ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

I also dislike lower league clubs calling their grounds 'stadium'.

For most they could be pulled up on the trade descriptions act. Accrington used to be the store first stadium. Crikey, if that's a stadium then so is my village park complete with hut.

They are football GROUNDS

Well that's just been stupid. 

Football clubs aren't all fortunate enough to be able to afford 2 tiered stadiums with fancy headlights. It's where grass roots football has come from.

The definition of stadium is - "an athletic or sports ground with tiers of seats for spectators", So if any of the clubs you "dislike" have at least 3 rows of seating that are tiered, They have a stadium on their hands. 

Never had an issue with iPro myself, football is a business and to play with the big boys you need all the money you can get.

Cheap tickets, sponsorless shirts, grounds, matchballs all sounds great......for the 80's, football has moved on.

Wheres the money coming from for all these expensive players fans want?

Money trees don't exist and even the richest of the rich from the Middle East won't fund a club entirely out their back pocket making a one club stand against modern football.

In 50 years time when the kids of today have grown old and grumpy they will have fond memories of the iPro and a Just Eat shirt. 

Sponsor the toilets and the light bulbs if we must, every penny counts.

1 minute ago, ramit said:

The Wrigley's Stadium?  Could sell the stand names too.  The Juicy Fruit Stand, Peppermint Alley, etc.

04pnsz6.jpg

I've been to York's ground last year to watch them against Barnet. 

For saying that they were 2nd bottom of the football league at the time, £18 a ticket is disgraceful. 

But it is a lovely stadium to visit. Got a proper 70's feel around the ground. 

Shame the football there was god awful and they drew 1-1. Think they're now playing in the conference aren't they?

2 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I've been to York's ground last year to watch them against Barnet. 

For saying that they were 2nd bottom of the football league at the time, £18 a ticket is disgraceful. 

But it is a lovely stadium to visit. Got a proper 70's feel around the ground. 

Shame the football there was god awful and they drew 1-1. Think they're now playing in the conference aren't they?

Was you expecting anything different? :lol: (see parts in bold :p)

8 minutes ago, David said:

Never had an issue with iPro myself, football is a business and to play with the big boys you need all the money you can get.

Cheap tickets, sponsorless shirts, grounds, matchballs all sounds great......for the 80's, football has moved on.

Wheres the money coming from for all these expensive players fans want?

Money trees don't exist and even the richest of the rich from the Middle East won't fund a club entirely out their back pocket making a one club stand against modern football.

In 50 years time when the kids of today have grown old and grumpy they will have fond memories of the iPro and a Just Eat shirt. 

Sponsor the toilets and the light bulbs if we must, every penny counts.

Was any of this mentioned at your club dinner?

it's always seemed strange to me that I never saw IPro stocked in shops so couldn't see how the company was making the most of the sponsorship.

personally I still called it Pride Park but had no problem with the name as it could be a lot worse.

i hate our shirt sponsor but it's too much to ask for that we would always have a local sponsor like Bombardier (again), Rolls Royce or even Toyota.

Please Mel, can our next sponsor's not have red logo's <_<

Archived