Goodbye iPro Stadium, Hello Pride Park

rynny

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

Was you expecting anything different? :lol: (see parts in bold :p)

This is true,

One of their players was actually on trial with us over the summer! 

Winger from Spurs, Mcevoy I think his name is. He got released by Spurs last summer and signed for York but got released again in the summer due to his high wages and had a trial with our U-23's. Obviously wasn't very successful.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Well that's just been stupid. 

Football clubs aren't all fortunate enough to be able to afford 2 tiered stadiums with fancy headlights. It's where grass roots football has come from.

The definition of stadium is - "an athletic or sports ground with tiers of seats for spectators", So if any of the clubs you "dislike" have at least 3 rows of seating that are tiered, They have a stadium on their hands. 

I said I dislike lower league clubs CALLING their grounds stadium, not that I dislike lower league clubs.

Thanks for the civil reply though. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

I had got used to the iPro, it wasnt too bad really.

Has mel still got shares in candy crush? The candy crush stadium maybe?

Without wanting to alert the nerd police 

I believe Mel had shares or owned king entertainment, candy crush was merely one of his their games ?

King mels stadium ?

The KM stadium ? Nice ring to it 

Just now, RamsPolls said:

Fair point. 

The way I read things can sometimes effect me :p 

No but they can "affect" you. :p

The teacher in me will not go away

1 minute ago, RamsPolls said:

Fair point. 

The way I read things can sometimes effect me :p 

Technically you are right about the criteria for a venue to be called a stadium but it was just my opinion on what I thought about it.

I'm a bit of a sensitive soul so took your post the wrong way ramspolls. :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Norman said:

Mate, that drink is not healthy for a normal person.

You need to have pushed yourself somewhere towards your physical limits for it to have any impact or any sort of healthy implications.

It's full of calories and carbs. Anybody who buys this or Lucozade and isn't a professional athlete is a sucker.

What happened to drinking water.

Tbf, Lucozade tastes great on a hangover. 

11 minutes ago, David said:

Nothing at all unless it was whilst I went to toilet

Well, you did have a lot of sausages to dispose of. Did you take your plate with you and just chuck them down the bog in order to cut out the middle man?

We need  to look to the states for sponsorship. One of the Baseball teams will do. We could rebrand it as something like The baseball ground. Well it does have a ring to it. I can just hear "Welcome to the baseball ground" ringing out or is it just that I'm old.

1 minute ago, ostrichram said:

We need  to look to the states for sponsorship. One of the Baseball teams will do. We could rebrand it as something like The baseball ground. Well it does have a ring to it. I can just hear Welcome to the baseball ground ringing round or is it just that I'm old

that will never take off, who on earth would call a football ground 'the baseball ground'

madness.

Completely indifferent to this whole shebang.  Still called it Pride Park, wasn't embarrassed when it was called the iPro on TV or in the papers and the money was good, so as long as we aren't out of pocket and we can potentially get a better deal elsewhere who cares.  Sign of the times...

39 minutes ago, Ramshankered said:

Tbf, Lucozade tastes great on a hangover. 

hangover cure....1 bottle of original lucozade and 2 paracetamol before bed....you will feel fine in the morning.

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

Gutted. Bought a Pride Park mug the day after they changed the name to iPro thinking it would become a rare and valuable football memento. Now they'll be ten a penny again (or £6.99 knowing the megastore). 

i dont think derbys shop can really be referred to as a megastore.

Archived