Goodbye iPro Stadium, Hello Pride Park

rynny

49 minutes ago, Tombo said:

I don't remember saying anything to you about this. I don't remember commenting on the forum about this particular topic at all let alone hammering you about it.

If you want to find the post, you'll get an apology if it's due. Don't think you'll find anything though. 

That was one of the threads I meant. There is another as well but little point digging it up.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive about it but I got the feeling at that time it was pretty much a free for all. Wouldn't have mattered what I posted or how right I was, there'd have been half a dozen to a dozen posters ready to have a go.

Not to worry though, these days I'm hardly on here and I'm enjoying my football a lot more by NOT posting and not getting into rows.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

That was one of the threads I meant. There is another as well but little point digging it up.

Maybe I'm a bit sensitive about it but I got the feeling at that time it was pretty much a free for all. Wouldn't have mattered what I posted or how right I was, there'd have been half a dozen to a dozen posters ready to have a go.

Not to worry though, these days I'm hardly on here and I'm enjoying my football a lot more by NOT posting and not getting into rows.

Good to hear. No apology necessary as far as I'm concerned. Thanks for stopping by.

On the name ,,, it should always have been and still should be ,,, the new baseball ground ,,,, wonderful name the baseball ground ,, rich history and a real  part of Derby county folk law , it made us stand out ,,, it should never be allowed to slip away over time and disappear into the past ,,,,, Derby county and the baseball ground are two names that should always remain entwined even if progress means it has to be prefixed with the new ,,,,, that's what it is ,, Derby county play at the baseball ground whether it's the original or the new baseball ground ,,, here endeth the sermon

9 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Just a slightly arrogant reply from you there when a tiny little "fair enough, you were right, I was wrong and I went a little bit too far" would have been better placed.

Well clearly I don't think I did go too far, that's why. You were right to have your doubts about iPro, I never said you weren't. I just pointed out your poorly hidden agenda, and I stand by it.

As a matter of fact, I spoke to you twice in that thread and said very little. I'm not sure why you remember me as the chief witchhunter.

11 minutes ago, Tombo said:

Well clearly I don't think I did go too far, that's why. You were right to have your doubts about iPro, I never said you weren't. I just pointed out your poorly hidden agenda, and I stand by it.

As a matter of fact, I spoke to you twice in that thread and said very little. I'm not sure why you remember me as the chief witchhunter.

Not the chief at all, just the one who disappointed me the most cos up until that point I don't think we'd had too many crossed words and I liked you as a poster.

The same as when @sage had a pop or @reveldevil. I don't mind if it's a forum duck egg having a go but when it's someone I class as a decent bloke/woman, I don't like it.

It's not the stick that upsets me, it's when it comes from someone I like and respect.

There's still that line about poorly hidden agenda.. a tad unfair at best.

13 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

Whoever gets the naming rights I just hope the club does it's due diligence this time. They probably thought I was mental but I did contact the club to ask if they'd researched the directors and their previous sports drink venture.

It took me less than an hour of research to twig the I-pro lot. The fact they'd already killed one brand that had Christiano Ronaldo as their global ambassador and that didn't work, so they replaced him with Gary Mabbutt and expected it to fly, go figure :-) same products, same packaging different name, couldn't even pay the 50 quid need to secure the domain name with the I-pro stadium name. Cowboys.

It would be nice to get one or two tiny little apologies here, I remember @Tombo in particular hammering me, and before we get into another row, @Tombo I like you as a poster, just didn't see the need for it at the time, even my good pal @Boycie for banning me.

Funnily enough I didn't remember Mafia being one to have a go, so thanks for being nice enough to apologise for something you didn't really need to ;-) Very gentlemanly of you.

Another little question mark over Sam Rush and his incredible commercial dealings but of course I shouldn't question that at all.

Having said that, I understand why anyone doesn't really over care, the club is back on the up on the playing side and once that happens everything is rosy in the garden.

Genuinely nice to see positivity back at the club and whatever my view of whether Steve deserved another chance or not. I'll be nothing but delighted for you lot on here is he proves me clueless (again!)

iPro were always looking a bit daft with this deal. We'd have been mugs not to take it. Next.

Archived