Will Hughes or Mesut Ozil?

Ellafella

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/see-which-derby-county-player-has-been-compared-with-arsenal-star-mesut-ozil/story-29874203-detail/story.html?

I know it's already been mentioned in other posts but the dink by William Hughes to Dazzer Bent on Saturday is why I pay the entrance fee. If there has been a more sublime, wizard-like piece of impertinent brilliance on a football field anywhere in England then I will eat my hat. It betrays a vision and speed-of-thought-to-execution ratio that belongs to a brilliant mind, let alone a footballer. Had Benty not smashed into into the net with a looking-over-the-shoulder volley, it would still stand as a moment of outrageous...oh no! I've run out of superlatives. :mellow:

And to think there are so-called managers who thought Hughes's best position was CDM, with the instruction "do not pass the half-way line" :o.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/see-which-derby-county-player-has-been-compared-with-arsenal-star-mesut-ozil/story-29874203-detail/story.html?

I know it's already been mentioned in other posts but the dink by William Hughes to Dazzer Bent on Saturday is why I pay the entrance fee. If there has been a more sublime, wizard-like piece of impertinent brilliance on a football field anywhere in England then I will eat my hat. It betrays a vision and speed-of-thought-to-execution ratio that belongs to a brilliant mind, let alone a footballer. Had Benty not smashed into into the net with a looking-over-the-shoulder volley, it would still stand as a moment of outrageous...oh no! I've run out of superlatives. :mellow:

And to think there are so-called managers who thought Hughes's best position was CDM, with the instruction "do not pass the half-way line" :o.

I think I actually preferred his pass to Vydra.

That dink over the defence was, and let's be honest here, filth. Glorious, unashamed, filth. If it were Messi or Ronaldo it'd be all over Sky Sports and Twitter. 

But that pass to Vydra, the pause to sucker the defence in, that feint that he was about to unleash a drive toward goal, and then that inch perfect pass. So calm and collected. 

Poor comparison and no contest. If Hughes lost his ability to tackle, then we could start talking...According to Whoscored, Will tackles 3.2 times per game. That's 6th highest in the Championship.

At least Messi and Ramsey has shown their appreciations for Will with blonding their hair. If they liked Özil more, wouldn't they have bug-eyes?

Archived