Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Derby County - Saturday 5th November 12.30 ko at Molineux Stadium.

Victory over the Wendies should give Derby a confidence boost heading into this televised match against currently managerless Wolves.

Pearson is the favourite in the betting, will he get the chance to lead a team out of the Championship after all this season, and if so how will our players respond to seeing him again so soon?

Hughes available after suspension, and with Bryson a possibility to return from injury we may even have midfield options on the bench.

Has Bent done enough to keep his place with his best performance in ages, or will Mac go with the pace of Vydra in a tricky away test?

Finally, 

A Yam-Yam walks into a tailors and says: “Alroit, mate. I’d like a 70s suit, please.”

The tailor says: “Certainly sir, and would you like a kipper tie?”

Yam-Yam says: “Thanks mate, two sugars.”

Bostin! 

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

I watched wolves the other week away at villa and their forward play was superb bar scoring (mainly the refs fault) but hey they have sacked the manager! 

If they get Pearson in, that should see to that!

Just watched the Blackburn/ Wolves match (on the tv over here) don't worry, they are in Shock

we will hammer em!!

1 hour ago, Sparkle said:

I watched wolves the other week away at villa and their forward play was superb bar scoring (mainly the refs fault) but hey they have sacked the manager! 

They look like a different team now.

Ah, Wolves away. The thought of us on Sky reminds me of three things.

Forsyth with his dodgy back pass, Forsyth with his sliced clearance and Grant with his chocolate wrists.

What could go wrong against one of our bogey teams. Didn't Huddlestone score after 1,244 games against us for them as well?

I'm thinking a Dave 'the ****' Edwards with the only goal. Which comes from a Bent offside. Straight from the free kick, we stay off their DM, letting him pass their way out. Butterfield hasn't got the energy in there anyway. Christie will make a wonderful tackle at the RB position only to dally and lose it after beating the same man three times. Ince, the lazy *******, won't track back and they have an overlap. Never mind, here comes Johnson who wins the ball back, but passes it straight back to them. His passing is ****. Hanson is out of position, again, so they have a clear run at the defence. Pearce is still running with his knees too high, like in his goal celebrations, to run anywhere near fast enough to get to the trouble in time. Olsson is missing, he's gone to help his brother beat up Glenn Murray. Russell is doing his best to run everywhere, but again is ineffectual. That leaves Keogh. It goes between his legs, but he manages to sit on the ball. While he moans at Christie for it all being his fault, Dave 'the ****' Edwards smacks the ball with Keogh still sat on it. Keogh ends up breaking his tail bone, and the ball sails through Carson's gap in his tooth.

Peter Beagrie will love it. The ******. 

Keogh carries on berating Christie who never plays again because of this.

Did I miss anyone?

Pearson to take the job, Derby to win and NP to say 'If they'd have tried so hard for me, I'd still be in the job'!

Mel will then arrange a drone fly past, trailing black and white smoke as they whizz by.

It's suprising how one win can increase confidence levels so much. Just under 40% of people predicted us to lose at home to Sheff Wed. So far 2% (1 person) has predicted us to lose away to Wolves. I expect that would be much higher had we not beaten Sheff Wed. Let's hope one win breeds as much confidence with the players.

Don't really get the bitterness towards Pearson, especially when half of the criticism is based on assumption not fact. I couldn't care any less. 

As long as we win, that'll do me. Two wins on the bounce for the first time this year will be a sweeter feeling than any ill feeling towards an opposition manager. 

I tell you why bittness towards nigel pearson he beaten out attacking style of play out of our players he got rid of chris martin were many derby fans want him back.

He got rid of the best goal keeper in the champership in lee grant and did damn best to get rid of our remaing best players.

Hughes back in for Hanson, my only change. That's not because I was unimpressed by Jamie on Saturday, far from it. Be good to get Bryson back involved too but I feel he'll have to settle for a place on the bench and be ready to take his chance should it arise. 

Very difficult place to go to, Molineux, but we've become hard to beat the last half-dozen games. I'd be happy with a point but if the players are on their game (ala Cardiff recently) we can take three points and go into the break confident of attacking the top six with (on paper) some easier fixtures on the horizon.

Archived