Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

3 minutes ago, Mafiabob said:

I wouldn't take what he's said literally..... remember when I did my course I had one or two pearls of wisdom...... 

I didn't even though he had reffed at the top level before the prem so was full of stories....has come in useful a couple of times though to explain a decision to a irate coach.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Eatonram said:

Anyone think theior first goal off-side from the header down?

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Yes it was offside but we hung on to all 3 points.

Wasnt offside, thought it was close from the main camera angle but when you it from the side he is on side.

18 minutes ago, Beagle said:

I didn't even though he had reffed at the top level before the prem so was full of stories....has come in useful a couple of times though to explain a decision to a irate coach.

Yeah majority are good guys, was very old school when I qualified...... qualified same day as a guy who now is on football league assistant referees list. Think he's only Derby/Derbyshire based official on leagues nowadays 

4 hours ago, Doodle said:

If you could score or even hit the target 5 out of 10 times from 50 yards with your " wrong" foot. You would be the best footballer the world has ever seen. The reason these goals appear once a season, is they are nearly impossible to score. Silly Billy

Well of course I couldn't, but Sidwell, as well as a lot of professionals, are proficient with both feet. Professional players have no problem getting the ball on target from that distance. You forget that the keeper made a complete hash of trying to get back to his line. I'm not saying it wasn't a good goal, but executing the dink from Hughes and the volley from Bent is a lot more difficult, even for a pro...

10 minutes ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

How many Derby fans were at this game? Did it sell out? Presumably everyone was in good spirits but well behaved - no ale throwing incidents this week. :thumbsup:

1309. Nowhere near sold out.

Apparently lots of ale throwing but I missed it. I was watching the football.

13 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Can't understand the amount of criticism for Vydra's chance. It was an excellent run that Hughes took advantage of with a sublime pass, he had an onrushing goalkeeper who had a fantastic game and very little time to make a decision where to put it. I'd put it down to superb goalkeeping rather than poor finishing, it was on target. 

I must admit shaking my head at disbelief at the criticism which was based on the 100% certainty of hindsight.  

None of us (I guess) are good enough footballers to be in that position in the first place.  Strikers tend to have 2 core actions drilled into them; shoot in the opposite direction to which the keeper is moving, shoot across the goal as the keeper if he saves it is likely to spill it out in front.  he was a fraction of an inch away from scoring, it hit the keepers knee then the post, jeez so unlucky.

some on here will never be happy, if they have a grudge against a player I'm sure they are half hoping they will screw up so they can vent their ill informed anger here.  I'm sure Keogh's goal line clearance must have pi55ed a few off anyway plenty of other events to moan about.

Archived