Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

5 minutes ago, archied said:

I meant silly to hold a grudge against Pearson given that rightly or wrongly he was outed about nine games into a three year contract with a group of players assembled before he arrived who had already proved that they could be fantastic or utter rubbish in equal measure with no ryme or reason to the massive swing in performance ,, forming an opinion whether he would have done a good job or not given proper time is one thing but holding a grudge against him ?? Really?

I'm not really going to hold a grudge against him but if we do play one of his sides again I am going to be happier than usual if we win. His stubbornness and ignorance got rid of our star striker, destroyed the football we played and sent us into the relegation zone. You can hardly be surprised if he doesn't get an excellent reception.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I have made my dislike of the man clear. I don't think I've ever had such a viseral response to a manager, the only one who comes close is Billy Davies. Jewell was simply incompetant, but Pearson was incompetant and arrogant at the same time.

Didn't want him in the summer, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt like I'm sure a lot of other Derby fans were. In his short time here he showed himself to be tactically limited, unlikeable and a poor motivator. Not to mention his barely concealed rage that seemed to bubble to the surface whenever he was asked simple and fair questions by the press. We are worse off for having employed him and the only saving grace is that Mel got rid of him as soon as he did before he led us out of this division by the trapdoor.

I would be delighted never to see his face again, but something tells me we'll see him again before the end of the season. Hopefully with a glum look on his face as we put 4 past him and show him exactly where he was going wrong.

14 hours ago, Alpha said:

Just don't like the bloke. Never have. Don't really want to hear from anyone how 'ard they are. He seems a smug, arrogant bell end. 

Can't like everyone in the world.

And then he ruined a decent team and sold players i like. 

Don't wish death on the bloke. But I'd rather pooh on his doorstep than bake him a cake. 

Brilliant.

Still not sure whether I'm going to go or not, I live in Brum so it wouldn't be that for but after I dragged some flat mates along with me last year for an utterly ***** game, no one seems to want to come with me this year :ph34r:

EDIT: important to note that I thought the kick off was at 3 o'clock and we were in the gym at 11 before I realised it was at 12:30.

Sort of obvious based on mcclarens comments who will play and who won't 

Bent will keep his place 

johnson will return to the holding role 

Hughes (fortunately) will return at the expense of Hanson 

bryson will be on the bench

Butterfield (unfortunately) will keep his spot 

Ince will play

he may play Anya over Russell - not sure on that one. 

Lowe v olsson is a toss up (the young superstar or keeping a winning side)

shacks will be on the bench and he'll drop Rawson :( 

Vydra as super sub 

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

Sort of obvious based on mcclarens comments who will play and who won't 

Bent will keep his place 

johnson will return to the holding role 

Hughes (fortunately) will return at the expense of Hanson 

bryson will be on the bench

Butterfield (unfortunately) will keep his spot 

Ince will play

he may play Anya over Russell - not sure on that one. 

Lowe v olsson is a toss up (the young superstar or keeping a winning side)

shacks will be on the bench and he'll drop Rawson :( 

Vydra as super sub 

Think you may be right. Only changes I would make would be Bryson and Hughes for Hanson and Butterfield but the latter will keep his place sadly, hope he proves me wrong and gets his shooting boots on again with a couple of goals! 

Weimann or Anya for Russell should be considered. For once this season Ince deserves to keep his place.

as for scoreline, another scrappy win will do nicely. 0-1 Bent.

5 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Spoons in Brum probably. Not too far from the station. Then in Wolves there's the Great Western which a great little pub by the station. Usually away fan friendly too!

fair enough. will be plodding along and see where the day takes me. 

Archived