Wolves vs Derby County - matchday thread.

Rev

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This fixture is one I look for as soon as the fixtures come out. Living in Telford, Wolves are the team most locals follow. Been to Molineux around 6 times to see the Rams. My fondest memory is a game in the early 90's, late November I think as the massive Rams following were singing Xmas songs. Bobby Davison had rejoined us on loan and he scored a cracker early doors to put us 1-0 up. They then equalised and with 5 mins to go Steve Bull went through, wasn't touched but went down like a sack of spuds and conned the ref in to giving a penalty, 2-1 Wolves. We then equalised through Ormondroyd in the last minute and then the icing on the cake in injury time, an own goal and a 3-2 win. I enjoyed the walk back to the car with 4 Wolves work colleagues that day....

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Jesus Olsson seems to get an injury ever time he plays now, never seen the like

On the plus side I don't have to see him get outjumped at the backpost again this week.

Think Lowe will fill in admirably and make that position his own.

48 minutes ago, PodgeyRam said:

On the plus side I don't have to see him get outjumped at the backpost again this week.

Think Lowe will fill in admirably and make that position his own.

Agreed, Lowe looks the better player imo if he keeps his performances up- think he'll be our first choice left back by January 

42 minutes ago, toddy said:

Another game win really need a win from otherwise we could be in the bottom 3 by 5pm Saturday.

COYR

Of course, mathematically you are correct but, can you see Cardiff winning at Newcastle or Blackburn winning at Villa with a 6 goal swing in their favour v our goal difference?

4 hours ago, toddy said:

Another game win really need a win from otherwise we could be in the bottom 3 by 5pm Saturday.

COYR

3 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Of course, mathematically you are correct but, can you see Cardiff winning at Newcastle or Blackburn winning at Villa with a 6 goal swing in their favour v our goal difference?

Would need Forest to beat QPR at home, Cardiff to beat Newcastle away and Wigan to beat Reading at home. Blackburn are 4 points behind us. Or we could be 12th if we win by 6 goals, or win by 3 to go 13th or win by 1 or 2 to go 14th.

39 minutes ago, rynny said:

Would need Forest to beat QPR at home, Cardiff to beat Newcastle away and Wigan to beat Reading at home. Blackburn are 4 points behind us. Or we could be 12th if we win by 6 goals, or win by 3 to go 13th or win by 1 or 2 to go 14th.

You're right, I got the Blackburn points wrong. So, even less likely. 

On 3 November 2016 at 16:51, Millenniumram said:

Jesus Olsson seems to get an injury ever time he plays now, never seen the like

All our left backs seem injury prone. Hopefully Lowe can stay fit now. Otherwise it's Baird . 

19 minutes ago, DesertRam said:

Would like to see,

Carson

Christie    Keogh    Pearce    Lowe

Hanson

Hughes          Butterfield

Ince          Wieman        Anya

Very harsh dropping Johnson 

On 1 November 2016 at 23:24, PodgeyRam said:

I think I have made my dislike of the man clear. I don't think I've ever had such a viseral response to a manager, the only one who comes close is Billy Davies. Jewell was simply incompetant, but Pearson was incompetant and arrogant at the same time.

Didn't want him in the summer, but was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt like I'm sure a lot of other Derby fans were. In his short time here he showed himself to be tactically limited, unlikeable and a poor motivator. Not to mention his barely concealed rage that seemed to bubble to the surface whenever he was asked simple and fair questions by the press. We are worse off for having employed him and the only saving grace is that Mel got rid of him as soon as he did before he led us out of this division by the trapdoor.

I would be delighted never to see his face again, but something tells me we'll see him again before the end of the season. Hopefully with a glum look on his face as we put 4 past him and show him exactly where he was going wrong.

To be fair, Pearson was on the way to getting us out of the Championship.

(by finishing in the bottom three)

On Wednesday, November 02, 2016 at 22:35, BramcoteRam84 said:

Think you may be right. Only changes I would make would be Bryson and Hughes for Hanson and Butterfield but the latter will keep his place sadly, hope he proves me wrong and gets his shooting boots on again with a couple of goals! 

Weimann or Anya for Russell should be considered. For once this season Ince deserves to keep his place.

as for scoreline, another scrappy win will do nicely. 0-1 Bent.

Why is keeping Butterfield in there a bad thing? He's been one of the best midfielders for weeks, are you mad??!!

Archived