Derby County vs Sheff Weds - matchday thread.

Rev

Carson 

Christie   Keogh Pearce.  Olsson. 

Johnson

Hanson.       Butterfield

Weiman.         Hydra.         Anya 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Carson 

Johnson

Well with Hydra up front we should have a good chance of scoring a headed goal!!! :D

14 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Carson 

Johnson

Since when we signed Hydra? :o:lol:

27 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

Carson 

Johnson

Well that proves my missus wrong she told me I never do anything wrong

Whatever the team is tomorrow i beg every single Rams fan in the ground tomorrow to be the 12th man and roar the lads on hopefully for a win , tomorrow could be the start of a surge up the table , apart from Newcastle and Norwich theres nobody else in this league to worry us , so come on Rams fans lets do our bit and help the lads out tomorrow COYR

God l hope we win. I am not sure l can take another Saturday watching Sky sports or listening to talk sport when they suddenly have to go back to late drama at the Derby game at 1655.... Please just win.. Please! 

35 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

Whatever the team is tomorrow i beg every single Rams fan in the ground tomorrow to be the 12th man and roar the lads on hopefully for a win , tomorrow could be the start of a surge up the table , apart from Newcastle and Norwich theres nobody else in this league to worry us , so come on Rams fans lets do our bit and help the lads out tomorrow COYR

Great positive post ... Your final statement might stand some analysis though ..... but if we play to our potential we can win this game.

whatever happens, please footballing gods .. Can the Rams put the ball in the net more than once ! I, amongst many, need to see that net bulge ! COYR

Come on lads if your reading this some time tommrow you need to get stuck in into shiffield wednesday dont be afaird to take the game to them even rough them up a bit.

If bryson can not play tommrow then we might need carma or hasion to play that role. We need bradly to get to grips early on even if it mean picking up a booking we need to find way through there midfield win battles there win chances come take them.

I often read this forum and never post.

For what it is worth, I would favour a 3-5-2 as it best suits the players we currently have. This formation would solve the following problems:

- Brings the talented Rawson into the team on the left side of a back 3 with Keogh and Pearce

- Allows Anya to play as a left winger with defensive duties when the opposing team push forward. Also gives Christie more licence to play forward as a winger on the opposite flank

- Brings in another forward (Most probably Blackman for his extra height alone) and gives Vydra a man he can play off

- Allows Johnson to stay as a makeshift DM where he's not doing a bad job

- Helps unlock Butterfield's potential as it gives him TWO forwards and TWO wingers that he can spray passes to

In an ideal world therefore, my team would be:

Carson

Keogh - Pearce - Rawson

Christie - Hughes - John - Butter - Anya

Vydra - Blackman

Given that Hughes / Blackman are not available for the Weds match, I would go for Weiman in place of Blackman and one of the U23s instead of Hughes, I.e., Elsnik / Vernam / Guy - whoever McClaren thinks is the 'next cab off the rank' (Not Hanson though, looked terrible for the U23s V Chelsea in midweek)

That's my 2 cents, I'll put on my tin hat when someone tells me we're a 433 team and that's final...

right lets get right behind them today 

to me this doesn't necessarily mean making the most noise possible it means when there's that inevitable lull in the game or we look to retain possession by moving the ball sideways and dare I say it backwards not to start moaning,

I said in another post I was amazed at the moan levels against Brentford when an attack petered out and ended up with us passing the ball about, people were moaning like crazy.... We still had the ball and eventually working a shot off.

after the months of Pearson's dire hoofball lets just be grateful that we now have a set of players that win lose or draw are trying to play football again, it'll come but we have to exercise patience 

COYRs !!

(If someone could tell that to the douchbag that sits behind me too that would be really swell lol )

Archived