Derby County vs Sheff Weds - matchday thread.

Rev

7 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

I often read this forum and never post.

For what it is worth, I would favour a 3-5-2 as it best suits the players we currently have. This formation would solve the following problems:

- Brings the talented Rawson into the team on the left side of a back 3 with Keogh and Pearce

- Allows Anya to play as a left winger with defensive duties when the opposing team push forward. Also gives Christie more licence to play forward as a winger on the opposite flank

- Brings in another forward (Most probably Blackman for his extra height alone) and gives Vydra a man he can play off

- Allows Johnson to stay as a makeshift DM where he's not doing a bad job

- Helps unlock Butterfield's potential as it gives him TWO forwards and TWO wingers that he can spray passes to

In an ideal world therefore, my team would be:

Carson

Keogh - Pearce - Rawson

Christie - Hughes - John - Butter - Anya

Vydra - Blackman

Given that Hughes / Blackman are not available for the Weds match, I would go for Weiman in place of Blackman and one of the U23s instead of Hughes, I.e., Elsnik / Vernam / Guy - whoever McClaren thinks is the 'next cab off the rank' (Not Hanson though, looked terrible for the U23s V Chelsea in midweek)

That's my 2 cents, I'll put on my tin hat when someone tells me we're a 433 team and that's final...

Strong first post mate.  Like the idea of 3-5-2 myself ! Not much more I can elaborate on that what you've already said ! 

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Birdyabroad said:

I often read this forum and never post.

For what it is worth, I would favour a 3-5-2 as it best suits the players we currently have. This formation would solve the following problems:

- Brings the talented Rawson into the team on the left side of a back 3 with Keogh and Pearce

- Allows Anya to play as a left winger with defensive duties when the opposing team push forward. Also gives Christie more licence to play forward as a winger on the opposite flank

- Brings in another forward (Most probably Blackman for his extra height alone) and gives Vydra a man he can play off

- Allows Johnson to stay as a makeshift DM where he's not doing a bad job

- Helps unlock Butterfield's potential as it gives him TWO forwards and TWO wingers that he can spray passes to

In an ideal world therefore, my team would be:

Carson

Keogh - Pearce - Rawson

Christie - Hughes - John - Butter - Anya

Vydra - Blackman

Given that Hughes / Blackman are not available for the Weds match, I would go for Weiman in place of Blackman and one of the U23s instead of Hughes, I.e., Elsnik / Vernam / Guy - whoever McClaren thinks is the 'next cab off the rank' (Not Hanson though, looked terrible for the U23s V Chelsea in midweek)

That's my 2 cents, I'll put on my tin hat when someone tells me we're a 433 team and that's final...

It's not so much that we're only a 433 side, it's that we're just NOT a 442 side, cuz it leaves us too fragile in the middle, I think your ideas sound brilliant!

Carson

Christie         Keogh           Pearce       Olsson

Johnson

Elsnik            Butterfield

Ince                     Vydra               Anya

Archived