Derby County vs Sheff Weds - matchday thread.

Rev

2 minutes ago, 1967Ram said:

First half would be nice! :blink:

Both half would be nice for sure so that way we'll relax by then. Or probably not lol. ???

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Eh up peeps, sat on the train to your neck of the woods so thought I'd say hello. 

The mood on here seems rather downbeat after Big Nige's antics, and while I don't necessarily blame you, I tend to share your pessimism before games at Pride Park. I can't remember the last time we won there but it was too bloody long ago. At least nothing will be as bad as the 3-0 defeat under Demolition Dave.

We're playing rather well at the moment but then again we were last year and you still gave us a cracking game and it took a spectacular goal to get us a point. Bannan has been a bit patchier this season but he looked back to his best last time out and Korean Lee is just mercurial. The chances of Nuhiu starting are low with Fletcher and Hooper around but it's a shame, he's hilarious to watch and always seems to scare the living daylights out of you. We seem to be using him as our "super sub" these days so keeping my fingers crossed that we'll see him lumber onto the playing surface.

You're as dangerous a side as ever, that dreadful 3-0 came early in McClaren's reign if I remember correctly so I'd rather avoid history repeating itself. Going for another 1-1 draw which wouldn't be the worst result for either side really would it?

Anyway, good luck for today and the rest of the season and I'll see you there.

41 minutes ago, angieram said:

I thought this was worth a share. Someone coming over from Hungary for their first ever game. 

The excitement is contagious and if we could all go to every game as if it was our first ever game the atmosphere would be terrific.

Absolutely fantastic  story .  it's great how people become  derby fans.

3 minutes ago, JarodyDCFC said:

Nothing, but it's still a surprise to see him replaced by Darren Bent. Darren Bent deserves to be in the starting 11 a lot less than Vydra does.

Why? Darren Bent had done more for Derby than Vydra. 

I'm not a fan of Bent but at least he's a threat from crosses. 

Playing with either has been like playing with 10 men. At least we might have joy out of crosses

1 minute ago, Alpha said:

Why? Darren Bent had done more for Derby than Vydra. 

I'm not a fan of Bent but at least he's a threat from crosses. 

Playing with either has been like playing with 10 men. At least we might have joy out of crosses

True but Vydra adds pace to the game which is a lot more important than just a heading ability. Vydra is a much better player IMO. Bent is lazy while Vydra is hard-working.

Archived