Derby County vs Sheff Weds - matchday thread.

Rev

3pm I-Pro Stadium 52.9149° N, 1.4473° W

Can't believe it's less than 48hrs to kick off, and no-one has started the matchday thread!

Let's hope this lack of confidence doesn't filter through to the pitch.

Mac has now had a whole week of training to unpick the damage ******* has done, so I'm hoping for great things.

No idea how Weds are playing or where they are in the table, I heard they enquired about Tim Vines availability to manage a team in the Sheffield area, but he couldn't manage Wednesday.

We will probably smash em, but they might out-bounce us, so we're all winners.

Thoughts?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carson

Anya     Keogh     Pearce     Olsson

Hanson
         Butterfield   Johnson

Ince                        Russell
                   Vydra

Mitchell, Christie, Shackell, Baird, Elsnik, Weimann, Bent, 

Anya at right back for me as Christie really frustrates me. I'm not saying he's shi! but for me he's got the attributes to be similar to Kyle Walker but the decision making lets him down. Olsson at left back as Lowe as only just come back from injury. Bryson and Hughes out for this one so Hanson in and push Johnson up with Butterfield. Russell to start instead of Anya on the wing. Elsnik on the bench but not sure if he's fully fit if not put Blackman on the bench.

Can't see us winning this I went for a 1.1 in the predictions topic. Sheff W are a good side with some dangerous players and they are fifth in the league so this is going to be tough. 

28 minutes ago, Dannyboz1884 said:

Carson

Hanson
         Butterfield   Johnson

Vydra

Anya at right back for me as Christie really frustrates me. I'm not saying he's shi! but for me he's got the attributes to be similar to Kyle Walker but the decision making lets him down. Olsson at left back as Lowe as only just come back from injury. Bryson and Hughes out for this one so Hanson in and push Johnson up with Butterfield. Russell to start instead of Anya on the wing. Elsnik on the bench but not sure if he's fully fit if not put Blackman on the bench.

Can't see us winning this I went for a 1.1 in the predictions topic. Sheff W are a good side with some dangerous players and they are fifth in the league so this is going to be tough. 

Put a left winger/left back who doesn't want to play left back anymore at right back. Right oh

34 minutes ago, Dannyboz1884 said:

Carson

Hanson
         Butterfield   Johnson

Vydra

Is that confirmed? I know he didn't train yesterday but is he not even fit for the bench?

I predict misery for us who live in Sheffield.

The Wendies expect to beat us.They are playing well.Lee and Bannan are very strong in midfield.Tom Lees is a top centre back.

They do have a doubt over Westwood in net.

I expect nothing but defeat unfortunately.That said we will still be their cheering the boys on regardless.

These are the times they need us.

COYR.

Looking for a big improvement from the lads after another week of Steve coaching under their belts. Saw more quality finishing in the open training session than I have seen in a long time, but can they do it in a competitive game ? Would love to see Weimann start up top with Vydra. 2-0 to the Rams.

If Bryson and Lowe aren't fit I'd go:

Carson

Christie Keogh Pearce Olsson

Johnson

Elsnik Butterfield

Russell   Vydra   Ince

Keep Johnson where he's been doing well and give him chance to really grow into the role. Not sure we will win this one if I'm honest.

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

Its Wednesday. C'mon. 

Its like us and Burnley. 

I know they are a good side. Better than us at the moment. 

Just think we'll win it. Somehow. Probably get battered for 85 out of the 90 but score two goals in the five minutes we get on top. 

I really hope we do get a result tomorrow . don't  care how we get it.

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Its Wednesday. C'mon. 

Its like us and Burnley. 

I know they are a good side. Better than us at the moment. 

Just think we'll win it. Somehow. Probably get battered for 85 out of the 90 but score two goals in the five minutes we get on top. 

That would be nice but they way things are going I can't see us scoring a goal if we're on top for 90 minutes, let alone five!

This is a really tough game tomorrow, and they will need our backing from start to finish, so let's all roar the lads onto victory, hope Mac has got some good idea's across in the last week of training, and we can witness a good performance, all I ask for is 100 percent effort from ALL the players , and the supporters to support the team from start to finish, know a few Wednesday fans, so I am hoping for a 2-0 victory, always look on the bright side of life, hope I am still thinking this at 5 o'clock, Saturday evening.

Halloween face painting in play tent. Sod the match! :lol: What more do you need?!

Kid will be happy. So will I when we see a glut of goals, finally some in the first half AND some in the NS net and a very impressive Rams win.

Of course the Owls could have something to say about this but what the hell.

Listening to Radio Sheff this week and its touch and go whether Westwood the keeper will be playing unless anyone knows different?

Good side though Wednesday and the predicted rout for us coming through no other reason than we are seriously, seriously overdue one.

COYR!!

Archived