Chris Evans - The return...

RamsPolls

10 minutes ago, David said:

Dawkins was Thorne wasn't, Evans arrived in November when Thorne came on loan in the January

Ok thanks for that. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, feisty said:

I do think some of the reaction here is bordering on hysterical.  

The guy doesn't choose the players,  the manager does. He helps source targets and then executes when manager decides who he wants to a budget set by the chairman. 

And while some players have not been a success, others have been fantastic. 

We haven't had any fantastic players at Derby since the Jim Smith era, the recent one's are just average to slightly above average championship standard.Hence where we are now and why we've never gone up. 

Chris Evans has rejoined Derby County in the role of technical director to link up with Steve McClaren again.

"He worked tirelessly to set up our scouting and recruitment department," said head coach McClaren.

"I felt it was important that we brought Chris back to continue the job that we started."

"I am excited to be returning to the club again," he [Evans] said. "It was an honour and privilege to have represented Derby County previously and the feeling is exactly the same this time around.

"Steve McClaren is a very talented coach and manager who I hold in the highest regard. (Owner) Mel Morris is a most impressive and inspirational man and I want to be a part of his vision for the club.

"I have so much respect for (chief executive) Sam Rush and all his achievements. It is evidently clear for all to see that he is, like Mel and Steve, Derby County through and through.

"I look forward to supporting them in our quest to bring sustained success to the club."

Much lurve all round!!!

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Any more undiscovered Gylfis for Evans to check out while bubbling away in the blue lagoon?

Not so much a young gun hot shot, but a proven top class player who never gives up and is stuck at a club way above the rest in their division with no challenge whatsoever and reaching the age (28) where he needs to be doing something about his career.  Plays all midfield positions plus the ladies like the look of him.  i know he would love to come but Derby can't be bothered to check on him even though i have repeatedly pointed them his way.  Bitter me? Well yes actually, but i will give it one more shot since you ask and all and point out the bleedin obvious.  Sign Birkir Bjarnason from Basel, Derby, do it in January, rescue the guy and us simultaneously. End of rant.

bb.jpg?itok=-4VgdI_H

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

Not so much a young gun hot shot, but a proven top class player who never gives up and is stuck at a club way above the rest in their division with no challenge whatsoever and reaching the age (28) where he needs to be doing something about his career.  Plays all midfield positions plus the ladies like the look of him.  i know he would love to come but Derby can't be bothered to check on him even though i have repeatedly pointed them his way.  Bitter me? Well yes actually, but i will give it one more shot since you ask and all and point out the bleedin obvious.  Sign Birkir Bjarnason from Basel, Derby, do it in January, rescue the guy and us simultaneously. End of rant.

bb.jpg?itok=-4VgdI_H

Would be a massive step down though, from the Champions Lge and Europa Lge, winning the title every year, to a club fighting relegation from the English 2nd tier.

4 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Would be a massive step down though, from the Champions Lge and Europa Lge, winning the title every year, to a club fighting relegation from the English 2nd tier.

Correct.

stupid suggestion.

15 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

Yes, but he is finding himself on the bench half the time, a mortal sin in my opinion and he would get the challenge he needs, plus i can't imagine that he is on very high wages.  Maybe you're right and it's a pipe dream, but i am gonna sulk some more over not getting my favorite player to Derby, because i did suggest him while he was at Pescara in Italy.  i´ll get over it eventually...maybe

Mac is getting what he wants. 

He gets a free hand, he's got every opportunity to succeed. 

CE's record can be debated, but a happy McClaren with his full structure around him is what we want.

At this point I think we should change the badge to the laughing chimp. We've re-appointed the man who was most responsible for the mass that we're now in. 

I thought we'd get relegated when McClaren came back. With Evens record for signing expensive garbage on long contracts, we'll get relegated and bankrupted.

Archived