Chris Evans - The return...

RamsPolls

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

Chris Evans spoke to my mate and myself leaving the Utrecht training ground last year wishing us both well and was telling us to stay safe and to enjoy the rest of our weekend, which we did, he came across as a real nice fella and he'll do for me, glad he's returned and I'm sure he'll do well for us going forwards.

I was sat next to him and Pauly C on the way back… he fell asleep and then full on shat himself when we had some massive turbulence! That being said, I thought we were going down as well! :lol:

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, cannable said:

I was sat next to him and Pauly C on the way back… he fell asleep and then full on shat himself when we had some massive turbulence! That being said, I thought we were going down as well! :lol:

Nasty, Nothing worse than going down after a bit of mid air pant turbulence !! ??

So Evan's first signing...

I reckon it'll be Barton. He was going to be signing for us in June 2015 when his contract was terminated at QPR. He said it on talksport himself that everything was sorted and he was planning to go down to moor farm in a couple of days but the day before he was due to arrive, McClaren got sacked and Barton did a U-turn. 

Now that both Evans & Mac are back, I can see Barton using his situation up in Glasgow to come down back to England to sign here like he was going to 18 months ago.

14 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

I reckon it'll be Barton. He was going to be signing for us in June 2015 when his contract was terminated at QPR. He said it on talksport himself that everything was sorted and he was planning to go down to moor farm in a couple of days but the day before he was due to arrive, McClaren got sacked and Barton did a U-turn. 

Now that both Evans & Mac are back, I can see Barton using his situation up in Glasgow to come down back to England to sign here like he was going to 18 months ago.

Please, say it ain't so....

7 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

It won't be him and it'll be someone for RB position. 

11 hours ago, RamsPolls said:

Hughes, Hanson, Johnson, Bryson, Butterfield. Thorne upon his return from injury.

That's already 5, possibly six players competing for a maximum of three positions in central midfield. I'd say we'd need to move one of those out before considering bringing in a seventh CM in Barton, and I personally wouldn't swap a single one of them for him. 

16 hours ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

It won't be him and it'll be someone for RB position. 

12 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

Hughes, Hanson, Johnson, Bryson, Butterfield. Thorne upon his return from injury.

That's already 5, possibly six players competing for a maximum of three positions in central midfield. I'd say we'd need to move one of those out before considering bringing in a seventh CM in Barton, and I personally wouldn't swap a single one of them for him. 

Just pointing out that Barton has now been invited to train with us, He is a free agent so can sign at anytime in the season. If we want a RB we have to wait until January and I can't see us not signing Barton before then.

15 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

Just pointing out that Barton has now been invited to train with us, He is a free agent so can sign at anytime in the season. If we want a RB we have to wait until January and I can't see us not signing Barton before then.

not sure he can sign as he was with a club at the end of the last window.

25 minutes ago, RamsPolls said:

What Mostyn says

9 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

not sure he can sign as he was with a club at the end of the last window.

The only players that can move outside a teams transfer window are those that are not attached to a club when the teams transfer window closed.

12 hours ago, Howard Canitbé said:

We also have Baird (even if he is unpopular with some fans)

20 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The past it old pro who has lots of experience role is taken Joey. 

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

he wasn't past it a few months ago when getting Burnley promoted.

On a short term contract, I think he would be a great help for this team. Need the grit and strength that he can bring.

28 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

he wasn't past it a few months ago when getting Burnley promoted.

That's what Rangers thought too.....

Just pretending the last six months didn't happen is the only way to justify giving him a short term contract. Even then its debatable. 

He never even looked fit, let alone sharp for Rangers, so you even if you're a fan of his, you have to consider he's 34 and with no notable injuries he's not been up to the level of fitness we need for six months. 

5 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's what Rangers thought too.....

Just pretending the last six months didn't happen is the only way to justify giving him a short term contract. Even then its debatable. 

He never even looked fit, let alone sharp for Rangers, so you even if you're a fan of his, you have to consider he's 34 and with no notable injuries he's not been up to the level of fitness we need for six months. 

Rangers have been much better without him though eh? 

If people think Will Hughes will look better when surrounded by better players, why not apply that logic to Barton?

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

Rangers have been much better without him though eh? 

Yes, they have. That is a fact. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

If people think Will Hughes will look better when surrounded by better players, why not apply that logic to Barton?

Could be true, could also just expose how far he's fallen. 

Huges might find playing with better players exposes his limitations - its not a universal truth. 

Archived