Chris Evans - The return...

RamsPolls

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

That's what Rangers thought too.....

Just pretending the last six months didn't happen is the only way to justify giving him a short term contract. Even then its debatable. 

He never even looked fit, let alone sharp for Rangers, so you even if you're a fan of his, you have to consider he's 34 and with no notable injuries he's not been up to the level of fitness we need for six months. 

If, and it's a big 'IF', he is invited to sign for Derby, he has 7 weeks before he can play - 7 weeks to get himself up to speed. That's a pretty decent pre-season.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine and possibly hope that Steve would probably ask senior players, coaching staff and possibly ownership if Barton would be welcomed at the club.

if they all say it's fine, then fair enough, if some players would rather have anyone else in the world at the club then Barton, then we really do have a potential problem on our hands.

9 minutes ago, eddie said:

If, and it's a big 'IF', he is invited to sign for Derby, he has 7 weeks before he can play - 7 weeks to get himself up to speed. That's a pretty decent pre-season.

Should be enough to judge his aged decline. At least he's well rested. 

He had a full preseason at rangers from which he emerged plodding, off the pace and ineffective. 

13 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

No harm in having in train with us to see if he has anything to offer.

I vote we just trust our manager to make the right call, crazy I know.

That'll not cut it on here.

The BMO flanges are being stitched as we speak.

I have complete faith in Mac , he has said he owes Derby County after the Newcastle mess , he wont offer Joey Barton anything if he thinks hes not up to it , whats the harm in having a look at Barton for a few weeks to see if he can still cut it at this level , Macs firmly got this clubs best interests at heart , let him decide

1 hour ago, KBB said:

I imagine and possibly hope that Steve would probably ask senior players, coaching staff and possibly ownership if Barton would be welcomed at the club.

if they all say it's fine, then fair enough, if some players would rather have anyone else in the world at the club then Barton, then we really do have a potential problem on our hands.

Can't wait for the Barton & Morris stand off. That's something I would pay to see.

1 hour ago, Saul Pimpson said:

No harm in having in train with us to see if he has anything to offer.

I vote we just trust our manager to make the right call, crazy I know.

1 hour ago, eddie said:

That'll not cut it on here.

The BMO flanges are being stitched as we speak.

It's less about giving him a chance as a footballer and more about is it worth giving a 34 year old player a chance ahead of our youngsters etc when he's managed to punch people, put cigars out on people, run people over, leave the stadium after not being named in the team, sent home from pre season for assaulting a teenager and in fact several more cases of assault. 

He's been suspended and released and criticised by almost every club he's played for. His career is full of violence and insults and demands. 

I don't make time for people like that. Why would anyone? 

Archived