Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Books.

New, fresh, crisp,smooth, tactile, great smelling books.

Kindle. Pah!!

Books. Books . Books.

I used to think exactly the same, until I went for a kindle, at first because I always read about 10 books when I go on holiday and it was a pain packing them.

I admit it doesn't quite feel the same downloading a new book as going and buying but it is so convenient and as normally happens to me I fall to sleep reading you don't lose your place like you can with a book.

I read loads more now I have a kindle than I did before.

On Wednesday, January 04, 2017 at 17:31, Bilbo said:

Do you know what really cheers me up? When I have a poo and then wipe, but there is no poo on the paper. It feels like my body is telling me that nothing will go wrong that day.

Id settle for not having to spend 30 mins with the bog brush and a bottle of domestos after. 

The pan usually  looks like the bbg pitch circa feb 1974

On 4 January 2017 at 17:26, Paul71 said:

I used to think exactly the same, until I went for a kindle, at first because I always read about 10 books when I go on holiday and it was a pain packing them.

I admit it doesn't quite feel the same downloading a new book as going and buying but it is so convenient and as normally happens to me I fall to sleep reading you don't lose your place like you can with a book.

I read loads more now I have a kindle than I did before.

I'm the same, I used to love books but now I have a kindle I read three times as much.  I must admit though I used to love get books and CDs and DVDs wrapped up at Christmas, doesn't really work now though.

Sith Happens
9 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

I'm the same, I used to love books but now I have a kindle I read three times as much.  I must admit though I used to love get books and CDs and DVDs wrapped up at Christmas, doesn't really work now though.

Yeah if you get a CD it just ends up on your ipod or whatever, cant recall the last time i actually played a CD or DVD come to that.

• 2 weeks later...

My mother is frail, she had a double stroke a couple of years ago.  She spends Christmas eve with us and i drive her back and forth. 

When returning her home last Christmas, there was no parking space available in front of her house, so i stopped in the street to help her inside.  As i was helping her out of the car a driver comes down the street and immediately honks his horn for me to move my vehicle out of his way.  i indicate he wait just a few seconds with my open hand held up, but he's having none of that and honks some more and then steps out of his car demanding to know if i am a child or possibly retarded or just your average bung hole.  My instinct was to react with anger but circumstances required that i keep some poise and i am generally attempting to be a less hostile person, so i explained that i was helping my physically disabled mother to her home and that it was Christmas and inquired whether everything was alright with him.  Just fine he shouted and sat back in his car, slamming the door shut.  His wife sat stone faced beside him and they had a couple of kids in the back. 

i got mother to her door and ran back to move the car out of the street and then back to mother to see that she made it safely to her apartment.  Mother and i agreed that this fella was a real prize *****.  When walking back to our car, i see the guy come running from down the street towards me and i'm thinking, great now he's gonna wanna dance too, so i stand there waiting for whatever and before i can utter You Jerk, he's clasping my hand and apologizing for his uncouth behavior and yes that it's Christmas and no that he doesn't want to make any trouble.  i was so touched i hugged the beast and even considered kissing him on the cheek but decided that too brutal.

i can just see what happened in his car after our initial meeting.  Wife:  You go apologize to that nice man right now, followed by his full name.  Beastie: But he's got no right to stop in the street like that, i was in the right, can't you see that?  Wife:  It's Christmas brute and you won't be spending a second of it in my bed unless you get to it.  Deflated beastie:  Yes dear.;)

i should have kissed him