Sign in to follow this  
SchtivePesley

Random stuff that cheers me up thread

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 19:15, Tony Le Mesmer said:

Making your own Yorkshire Puds and getting them spot on. Fluffy, light and melt in the mouth and all done with gluten free flour which is notoriously a pain in the arse for baking with.

I ain't master chef but I make the effort. Sometimes it's worth it.

send me some :thumbsup:

In a moment of weakness i tried eating a whole packet of pringles and I have been so ill, I went to the loo about 30 times yesterday.

14 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

send me some :thumbsup:

In a moment of weakness i tried eating a whole packet of pringles and I have been so ill, I went to the loo about 30 times yesterday.

That sounds just like Partridge and the toblerone! :lol:

If you've never seen it don't worry.

I ate two large bags of haribo fizzy cherries a while ago and paid for it afterwards though.

On ‎09‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 16:27, Wolfie said:

Picking ones nose in the car.

Singing in the car.

Haven't tried singing whilst picking ones nose in the car.

Moshing in the car.

Not sure how safe it is when driving however.

Unspoken "sharing" of a milli second of life with your fellow human beings .. I was sitting in a queue of traffic a couple of summers back .. Failed traffic lights or something .. Watching the world go by as we crept forward inch by inch. Then walking on the pavement a pretty woman strolling along with a smile and suitably summer clothes. ....Just nice to see, in a none pervy but defo  masculine appreciation of the fairer sex sort of way .. Then looking in my mirror to see the bloke behind me had seen the same .. And eyes met with a grin of brotherly acknowledgment .. A kind of "I thought the same mate" 

On 23 October 2016 at 20:28, EastHertsRam said:

Got the old wood burner on tonight, gives the living room a different feel altogether, that's cheered me up.

Nothing like a real fire in winter .. Some sort of primeavil security blanket. 

The brief moments when my son stops being a self-centred little s*** bag and will ask how others are feeling or do something entirely random, making me laugh.  Admittedly, those moments are few and far between but they're always welcome

4 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The Sunday roast whipped up last night.  Aberdeen angus joint slow cooked for 8 hours, new potato crunchies, home made yorkshire, broccoli, baby carrots, stuffing balls & proper gravy.  Christ almighty it was good...

Football brain of Pirlo, football skills of Palmer, talks dirty like Nigella

7 hours ago, ramsbottom said:

The Sunday roast whipped up last night.  Aberdeen angus joint slow cooked for 8 hours, new potato crunchies, home made yorkshire, broccoli, baby carrots, stuffing balls & proper gravy.  Christ almighty it was good...

And the key element .. "Proper gravy" .. Meat juices, flour, maybe a dash of bisto powder .. Make proper roux then mixing in the stock water ( and a glug of red wine ) in bit by bit to the desired thickness.  ... Granules ! Never ! ... Proper gravy is an art form 

Then when you've had your Sunday dinner .. A slice of fresh bread with the remains of the gravy on top 

8 minutes ago, jono said:

And the key element .. "Proper gravy" .. Meat juices, flour, maybe a dash of bisto powder .. Make proper roux then mixing in the stock water ( and a glug of red wine ) in bit by bit to the desired thickness.  ... Granules ! Never ! ... Proper gravy is an art form 

Then when you've had your Sunday dinner .. A slice of fresh bread with the remains of the gravy on top 

And widening the food theme ... REAL food .. It can be posh or simple, fancy or plain but when it's done right it is one of life's great joys ... Hot chips from whole spuds, ham off the bone in fresh bread with a dollop of mustard or pasta cooked al dente or porcini mushrooms in a good stew ... It isn't about money, snobbery or cheffyness .. It's about not going down the "reformed" processed e numbered synthetic flavour enhanced MSG. ... I love good food .. It makes me happy .. And it's cheap .. You can buy the most expensive free range egg with the yellowest yolk from the trendiest shop and it's still cheaper than a bag of crisps from the corner shop. We are so lucky 

ladyram

People who ask how my day is going, it's nice to be asked.

ladyram
3 hours ago, Phoenix said:

Eggs. Next door neighbour keeps a couple of hens and a couple of ducks on a patch of land at the back of our houses.

Regular thing to receive half a dozen of each over the fence. Those duck eggs, huge, and totally free range. And free.

Our Frogggy would appreciate those I bet.

23 minutes ago, ladyram said:

People who ask how my day is going, it's nice to be asked.

Yeah, but I hate the people who ask that just so they can tell you how shiiiiiiiiite their days been.