Random stuff that cheers me up thread

Stive Pesley

38 minutes ago, Ewetube said:

I'm lead to believe they're even better after they've been subjected to a frost. I do love 'em though but they have to be cooked al dente.

They are supposed to be yes.

Watching my boys play football for their teams. Simple as that, cheers me up when I'm down watching them play and enjoy without pressure. 

1 hour ago, StivePesley said:

Thought of another one

Every time my plane lands safely!

With you on that, those pesky times they don't are somewhat distressing.

11 hours ago, angieram said:

After several months of frustration about my lack of ability to post tweets on here I have finally succeeded both on desk top and mobile. Thanks to a spare hour and some instructions from @David. Well happy!

(Even if the tweets are a bit random - I  just picked a couple to try it out!)

I wish you weren't so positive about starting 'tweeting' angieram. You'll have me considering it and I'm possibly the worlds most stubborn luddite. :lol:

I need to post something in here today to balance the general mood of despair

I had my 6 year olds Parents Evening on Monday and for the first time EVER (having two boys, one of whom has no left school) when discussing boys general difficulties with concentration and staying focussed in lessons, the teacher actually said

"but of course it's not just their fault, I realise it's also my responsibility to make the lessons engaging enough that they don't let their minds wander"

I nearly fell off the tiny ******* chair! It restored my faith to hear a teacher say that and not just slate the kids for being disruptive