POLL: Should McClaren apologise to Derby fans?

Mostyn6

Steve McClaren - should he say "Sorry"?  

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Are we really having a poll on this?

Whilst we are at it can we get Clement in to apologise for the sub-standard performances we saw under his management and Wass can deal with the fiasco of the last 10 minutes at Rotherham last year. If Tommy Docherty is available we can drag him back and he can apologise for his transfer dealing 40 years back.

Then we can all start with a clean slate.

Tommy Doc owes me a beer.

13 minutes ago, muttley72 said:

Nope, don't think he needs to apologise.  I've moved jobs before, I did it because it was the best for my situation at the time.   He was sacked by DCFC following poor results, I accept that the uncertainty that the Newcastle debacle caused hit us, but so did injuries.  What's in the past is done, need to start looking forward...that's also my reservation about him coming back, not sure it's a step forward.  It's never dull at Derby!   

This is not the same at all. 

I don't begrudge him the Newcastle thing so much as the people around him who should have been giving him better advice - or maybe he listened to the wrong people. I dunno.

Steve McClaren is a football man, through and through. He's an excellent coach and understands the mechanics of the game well enough to be capable of building sides playing some incredible football.

His weaknesses, it seems, is everything else. It leads to silly gaffes like the Umbrella incident at Wembley, the strange answers to questions in interviews, and the poor handling of the Newcastle interest. That's how the lows can be as dramatic as the highs.

I think it would be wise on his part to apologise, just to appease the fans who are still bitter about his departure. But I think he'd make the same mistake again. It's just the way he is.

You call might call it disloyalty, but I call it foolish. The truth is that when it comes to matters off the pitch, the man isn't very wise at all.

If Mel wants to employ him, he needs to accept that more than we need to accept any apology.

9 minutes ago, jono said:

A truth and reconciliation committee .. Juve can apologise and give us a European cup for starters :whistle:

We can also get a few fans out then - starting with those who booed Bradley Johnson during the Brighton game or those who cheered when Baird was subbed off against Bristol City last season. Perhaps the pre-game 'fan-cam' can be changed for the day to name and shame the moaners on the big screen or Rammies family seat upgrade can be altered to see certain fans being bought down to have 10 minutes in the stocks in front of the dug-out.

4 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

We can also get a few fans out then - starting with those who booed Bradley Johnson during the Brighton game or those who cheered when Baird was subbed off against Bristol City last season. Perhaps the pre-game 'fan-cam' can be changed for the day to name and shame the moaners on the big screen or Rammies family seat upgrade can be altered to see certain fans being bought down to have 10 minutes in the stocks in front of the dug-out.

Let those among you who are without boos throw the first turnip.

I think he owes an apology for giving the club it's spark back, for raising expectations from mid table hopefuls, for playing exciting, attacking football, a trip to Wembley and for getting people to actually give 2 hoots of what is happening at thw club and on the pitch.

36 minutes ago, eddie said:

I left a job.

It took me 25 years to realise that I had left the best job I ever had.

I'm back there now.

People make mistakes - that's how you gain experience, provided you learn from them.

Except in McClarens case leaving wasn't his choice.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Should've had a 'only if Mel does too' option.

No way jose so the guy thought he was bettering himself.By far the best manager we have had in the last 10 yearsAnd that applies to both Steve and Mel both thought they could better their respective situations

1 minute ago, TommyPowel said:

No way jose so the guy thought he was bettering himself.By far the best manager we have had in the last 10 years

I was joking. I'm sure that discussions have been held and if they're both up for it then so should the fans. :)

If anyone connected with Derby need an apology, it's probably certain players, particularly any he convinced to stay with a vision for the future. Life moves on though and so should the staff, players and fans.

About time we got some positive thinking back, forget apologies, let's just win some matches, play decent football and move up the f.....g table; do that, apology accepted ;)

1 hour ago, eddie said:

Let those among you who are without boos throw the first turnip.

Come to think of it, I'm without booze. Must get to the shop. 

22 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

If anyone connected with Derby need an apology, it's probably certain players, particularly any he convinced to stay with a vision for the future. Life moves on though and so should the staff, players and fans.

About time we got some positive thinking back, forget apologies, let's just win some matches, play decent football and move up the f.....g table; do that, apology accepted ;)

why apologise? HE WAS SACKED!!!!!

Archived