POLL: Should McClaren apologise to Derby fans?

Mostyn6

Steve McClaren - should he say "Sorry"?  

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe because of the perception it gave Mel and Sam and some Derby fans regarding  the Newcastle stuff. 

But wouldn't be bothered if he didn't. 

If he's coming back let's all get behind him as Manager  and Powell as assistant  .

Me included  

I've said he should apologise, but in reality I know he cant. It would be an admission of a total lack of integrity and you cant start a new job that way. To those who say it should be just brushed under the carpet, that is so lame....in my opinion.

Nope, don't think he needs to apologise.  I've moved jobs before, I did it because it was the best for my situation at the time.   He was sacked by DCFC following poor results, I accept that the uncertainty that the Newcastle debacle caused hit us, but so did injuries.  What's in the past is done, need to start looking forward...that's also my reservation about him coming back, not sure it's a step forward.  It's never dull at Derby!   

Are we really having a poll on this?

Whilst we are at it can we get Clement in to apologise for the sub-standard performances we saw under his management and Wass can deal with the fiasco of the last 10 minutes at Rotherham last year. If Tommy Docherty is available we can drag him back and he can apologise for his transfer dealing 40 years back.

Then we can all start with a clean slate.

2 minutes ago, metalsheep02 said:

Are we really having a poll on this?

Whilst we are at it can we get Clement in to apologise for the sub-standard performances we saw under his management and Wass can deal with the fiasco of the last 10 minutes at Rotherham last year. If Tommy Docherty is available we can drag him back and he can apologise for his transfer dealing 40 years back.

Then we can all start with a clean slate.

A truth and reconciliation committee .. Juve can apologise and give us a European cup for starters :whistle:

I left a job.

It took me 25 years to realise that I had left the best job I ever had.

I'm back there now.

People make mistakes - that's how you gain experience, provided you learn from them.

22 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I think he should, not because I'm annoyed at him but I feel a large proportion of fans would be giving him stick from the get go. At least apologising will bring about a clean slate and we can then move on

Agreed.  Are those who don't think he should going to be as frustrated as these fans are now? No.  A sincere explanation/apology swiftly moving on is what is best. I don't understand the current frame of mind from large sections of fans that they should basically just shut up and the fan is irrelevant. Stop allowing yourselves to be marginalised. 

Archived