POLL: Should McClaren apologise to Derby fans?

Mostyn6

Steve McClaren - should he say "Sorry"?  

246 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

He didn't in the initial stages, he was far too blasé for me about the whole situation, didn't make anything clear until later on when the damage was already done. Hopefully he's learned from his mistakes and he's got my full backing for now

He did. This was a clear statement in January 2016...how clearer can he possibly be?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-rams-boss-steve-mcclaren-tells-fans/story-25812095-detail/story.html

Does he really need to appologise ? We're all grown men 

im a derby fan and if i played for the club and man city came in offering £200k a week and the chance to play champions league football id be off... Probably run off kissing the badge when i scored if they asked me to. I dont blame him for having his head turned and the bad form was down to head being turned and injuries to key players 

lets not dwell on the past hopefully the style of football improves and we start making progress, give him some time and onwards and upwards

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

He did. This was a clear statement in January 2016...how clearer can he possibly be?

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-rams-boss-steve-mcclaren-tells-fans/story-25812095-detail/story.html

Fair enough I don't remember that interview but that's what he should have said when he was further questions, there were other times he was much less clear..

15 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's just the nature of football though Parsnip.

We don't apologise to the Phil Browns and Paul Jewells that we sack or the Sammons and the Leacocks that we sell. 

If you're crap then get lost and if you're good then you should never ever leave.

Managers and players are very aware of how quick you can rise and fall. 

If we ever want Connor Sammon back then I think we should offer a small apology to him just to clear the air a bit. I think Steve might want to do the same - just to clear the air.

Although I just read...

"I regret how my time at Derby ended in 2015," said McClaren, who has signed a deal until the end of next season.

"I am very motivated to put things right for the club and supporters."

That's enough for me. Welcome back tufty!!!!

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Fair enough I don't remember that interview but that's what he should have said when he was further questions, there were other times he was much less clear..

Maybe because he got fed up with reporters asking the same bloody question! Largely egged on by the Twitterati, I have to add. 

LHe told us in January last year 'I'm going  nowhere" and he was telling the truth!

By going to Newcastle he went nowhere .

Everyone deserves a second chance and Mac needs to be welcomed back with open arms and open wallet.

He had a massive influence on the team proved by the way that we fell apart when he lost interest.

Let him recall Chris Martin and we'll pick up from here on in!

Apologise for being an arze, having his head turned for a premiership team when he was being given 100% support by everyone at the club and all the fans.

If he had been upfront and said look appreciate everything Derby have done for me as a player coach and assistant Manager but this is my dream job i really want to go to Newcastle. Fair enough but indecisive ,wavering half truths resulted in him playing game's and in my opinion being disloyal to the team,fans and all at Derby County..

Hope he does us well,but i wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and any apo!ogy can be rammed up his orifice side ways as far as am concerned.

7 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

Apologise for being an arze, having his head turned for a premiership team when he was being given 100% support by everyone at the club and all the fans.

If he had been upfront and said look appreciate everything Derby have done for me as a player coach and assistant Manager but this is my dream job i really want to go to Newcastle. Fair enough but indecisive ,wavering half truths resulted in him playing game's and in my opinion being disloyal to the team,fans and all at Derby County..

Hope he does us well,but i wouldn't believe a word that comes out of his mouth and any apo!ogy can be rammed up his orifice side ways as far as am concerned.

This story ran on 28 May, almost a month after the Reading game (ok, it's in The Star, but many other versions which say the same thing exist...)

The former England boss has been axed after a late season collapse saw Derby miss out on automatic promotion and then the Championship play-offs.

But McClaren flatly denies he courted interest from Newcastle and insists injuries, not approaches from the Tyneside club, were responsible for Derby's slide.

Real Madrid coach Paul Clement is expected to replace McClaren and Derby's chances of landing him were boosted significantly last night after boss Carlo Ancelotti was shown the door by the Spanish giants.

Fuming at having his commitment to Derby brought into question, McClaren said: "I'm very disappointed with the decision.

"I do not believe or accept that rumours linking me to the Newcastle United job were a factor in the team's performances this year, as had been alleged. We we were hit by injuries to key players.

"The club means a huge amount to me, and I was not looking to leave. I wanted to remain with the club."

For what it's worth, I believe him - and (as usual) he gets my unequivocal support.

21 minutes ago, ram1964 said:

I apologize for thinking this post is a bit over the top - but looking at the positives, my apology is small enough to easily fit up any orifice, sideways or otherwise

10 minutes ago, eddie said:

This story ran on 28 May, almost a month after the Reading game (ok, it's in The Star, but many other versions which say the same thing exist...)

The former England boss has been axed after a late season collapse saw Derby miss out on automatic promotion and then the Championship play-offs.

But McClaren flatly denies he courted interest from Newcastle and insists injuries, not approaches from the Tyneside club, were responsible for Derby's slide.

Real Madrid coach Paul Clement is expected to replace McClaren and Derby's chances of landing him were boosted significantly last night after boss Carlo Ancelotti was shown the door by the Spanish giants.

Fuming at having his commitment to Derby brought into question, McClaren said: "I'm very disappointed with the decision.

"I do not believe or accept that rumours linking me to the Newcastle United job were a factor in the team's performances this year, as had been alleged. We we were hit by injuries to key players.

"The club means a huge amount to me, and I was not looking to leave. I wanted to remain with the club."

For what it's worth, I believe him - and (as usual) he gets my unequivocal support.

Divided opinions and very few will ever know the full ins and outs so we will gave to agree to disagree,certainly one thing we can agree on is that the whole affair should have and could have been handled better by both parties.

15 minutes ago, eddie said:

Fuming at having his commitment to Derby brought into question, McClaren said: ...

But as usual the 'fans' who thought it was Mac's fault we failed, rather than him nearly getting success, aren't gonna believe it anyway!

Archived