Mel Q&A with Marketing Derby

Day

2 hours ago, David said:

Don't agree with the booing at half time, full time or of individual Rams players never done it never gonna do it!

BUT..... Take some responsibility lads your out there in our colours representing our club and you are "reluctant to play for a club who's supporters boo at 0-0 at half time". WTF 

Give the boo-ers nothing to boo at then. Put a ****** shift in and if the crowd can see that then the booing will cease. 

******* man up and be aware of how fortunate you are to be representing this great club. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, G STAR RAM said:

I'm still trying to imagine a situation where we try to sign a player and he asks his agent to check with the club if any of our fans boo at half time. 

As has previously been said, you don't think players talk to each other? Maybe ask what it's like at the Club?

Just now, RoyMac5 said:

As has previously been said, you don't think players talk to each other? Maybe ask what it's like at the Club?

Yes but I would imagine they are more interested in game time, facilities, style of play, how well the team are doing and how much they are going to earn rather than if a few hundred fans behave like they belong in a zoo as the players are walking off the pitch.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I'm still trying to imagine a situation where we try to sign a player and he asks his agent to check with the club if any of our fans boo at half time. 

That's not the situation to imagine. Try...

A player likes the offer from two clubs, fairly similar size, pay, ambitions, etc. One club is known for having a great atmosphere, positive expectations and patience with the squad which makes it an exciting and positive place to play. The other club is known in football community for being great if you play positive attacking football, and quiet, negative and impatient at all other times, even if you're not losing. The player would also know, he could give 100% but if the manager or rest of the team don't set up right and give everything, they will get booed and attacked on social media regardless.

Which club will you sign for?

Just my take on it!

2 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Also when they play against us.

coaching staff will drum into them "keep it tight, the crowd will get on their back and boo, the players confidence will crumble and we can get something from the game"

pits the biggest cliche in football, but it is true.

20 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

I agree, they need to do more with all sorts of fans, but this is a q&a organised every year with Marketing Derby for the businesses that work with them.

Good on you for tweeting the updates, otherwise even less of us would have known what was said! :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Wasn't our recruitment over the course of the summer rumoured to be matching the bids of Villa, Newcastle and Norwich with us looking to hijack deals? 

Now you can see where fan base might give us an edge and equally might detract.

13 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

That's not the situation to imagine. Try...

A player likes the offer from two clubs, fairly similar size, pay, ambitions, etc. One club is known for having a great atmosphere, positive expectations and patience with the squad which makes it an exciting and positive place to play. The other club is known in football community for being great if you play positive attacking football, and quiet, negative and impatient at all other times, even if you're not losing. The player would also know, he could give 100% but if the manager or rest of the team don't set up right and give everything, they will get booed and attacked on social media regardless.

Which club will you sign for?

Just my take on it!

So who are these clubs with the great atmosphere who's fans don't boo when things are going bad out of interest?

11 minutes ago, cannable said:

Wasn't our recruitment over the course of the summer rumoured to be matching the bids of Villa, Newcastle and Norwich with us looking to hijack deals? 

Now you can see where fan base might give us an edge and equally might detract.

Not that I'm aware of no.

If you are suggesting Newcastle and Villa fans do not boo when things are going bad I don't really know what to say. I would suggest looking up the Geordies behaviour when Allardyce was in charge.

"If people want to see what the cost of tickets would have been had it funded the player purchases we made, it would have nearly doubled the cost of your ticket. That's to set that expectation. So please, give me a break. Okay?

"If you want me to double the ticket prices and raise the expectation, then let's do it. I'm happy to do it – I'll spend it all on players. You want to get to the Premier League? Let's put season ticket prices up to £1,500. We'll buy a load of players. It's a simple as that."

Archived