Mel Q&A with Marketing Derby

David

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I very much doubt there are many players that get to watch Soccer Saturday.

Lol probably not the ones who are playing, but clubs end up with certain reputations. For example,

Palace fans are amazing and really support their team

Arsenal fans are practically silent all match

West Ham fans beat each other up (and kids who want to sit down)

Man U fans still all live in Surrey

Derby fans think they belong in the Prem and their booing has caused their team to bottle it 3 years on the row.

1 minute ago, Seth's left foot said:

Trigger happy mad man?!

If Mel read your post he would no doubt think why do I bother!

why is he trigger happy, do you know all of the facts? The Clement sacking is widely acknowledged as being because of non football issue's, we don't know exactly what happened between MM and NP but I would bet money on Nigel being capable of blowing his top.

We have a great owner who isn't blessed with hindsight (which certain fans are lucky to have and judge him with it) and I'm certain that we will get back to that SM buzz.

I hope Pride Park is rocking against the Dirties, COYR.

That was not my personal opinion, just meant if they actually take any notice of our club that is the impression given out by the media.

2 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

Lol probably not the ones who are playing, but clubs end up with certain reputations. For example,

Palace fans are amazing and really support their team

Arsenal fans are practically silent all match

West Ham fans beat each other up (and kids who want to sit down)

Man U fans still all live in Surrey

Derby fans think they belong in the Prem and their booing has caused their team to bottle it 3 years on the row.

It didn't seem to stop Newcastle attracting players...

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

I have been very supportive of MM and have been critical of the fans that have abused him.

Have MMs eyes been opened? Up until a few days before the suspension he was telling people that NP was definitely the man to take us forward...

What do you expect?. Do you expect to hear him say - "well actually I'm going to really wind him up over the weekend, so he comes for me and then we can suspend him and sack him on the cheap - don't tell him though."

Just now, Wolfie said:

What do you expect?. Do you expect to hear him say - "well actually I'm going to really wind him up over the weekend, so he comes for me and then we can suspend him and sack him on the cheap - don't tell him though."

No, I would expect him to say nothing if he wasn't happy and have discussions behind closed doors as he did with Clement.

13 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

you say that, but players talk to other players. What do you think Nick Blackman would say to a player who was considering an offer to join?

Ive doubled my wages and halved my output, its a win win brother!

oh and ignore all this clap trap that you might have read about booing, it represents around 2% of the fan base !

Just now, loweman2 said:

Ive doubled my wages and halved my output, its a win win brother!

oh and ignore all this clap trap that you might have read about booing, it represents around 2% of the fan base !

...and you won't need to bother about being booed of at the end because there are only about 100 people left in the ground!

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not happy with performances but NP has a long term plan in place blah blah blah

......and then you'd be on here saying he's interfering and undermining the manager by criticising him in the media.

Forget Mel, separate the words from the person and ask yourself can a negative atmosphere have an effect on a players decision to join a club?

It may only play a tiny tiny part but could be the difference when faced with a decision to join one of two clubs.

I think MM is in an unenviable position in that the only way we can get where we want to get is through a major change of playing staff.

Given the lack of interest shown in our players and the going rate for new players this is going to cost a fortune.

How does MM appoint a manager he can trust to do this effectively?

why are we in this mess ?

why so many managers ? why are the players so inconsistent ?

where is sam rush the man who managed to pull everything together three years ago and has now been pushed into the back ground ?

is it 2% of the match day fans booing ? seriously ?

31 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Let's be honest how many prospective players are going to know that 500 Derby fans booed when they were 0-0 at half time against Blackburn?

Compare that with how many know, or believe, that our club is run by a trigger happy mad man, who bursts into the changing room, fires managers at the drop of a hat and spies on the team using drones...

He can bury his head in the sand all he wants but the fans will be the least of any prospective players worries.

Come on own up....who has hacked G Stars account??!

Got to be the first time in a while that I agree with you G Star Ram. Real Madrid fans have the reputation that they burn their own players cars and trash them e.g Bale but it doesn't stop them from attracting players. I doubt players care about the fans when they look at their bank accounts after

58 minutes ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The truth hurts sometimes, a lot of "fans" need to take a good look at themselves and their actions on match days so we can get that feel good factor back. 

That works both ways though. Fans respond positively if they can see that players are giving their all ,which is why the likes of Russell and Ward were fan favourites. They only respond negatively if they can see a player isn't giving their all.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Got to be the first time in a while that I agree with you G Star Ram. Real Madrid fans have the reputation that they burn their own players cars and trash them e.g Bale but it doesn't stop them from attracting players. I doubt players care about the fans when they look at their bank accounts after

We're not exactly a Real Madrid are we, you're talking about one of the biggest clubs in the world right there, not really a fair comparison. 

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Yeah but that's Real Madrid. We're derby county 

Archived