Mel Q&A with Marketing Derby

David

Mel needs to stay focused on his vision of promoting youth, creating a Derby style of play we enjoy, making sure the manager knows the game well - tactical and motivational - and NOT bringing in any players unless they're fantastic potential. I don't think Mel should step back from the day to day unless the manager proves he can work to these goals. Move out the blackmans bents inces Butterfields weimanns and all the other mediocre overpaid players we have asap. Build the club on Hughes Thorne and Bryson Lowe Elsnik Rawson Hanson - the good young uns.

Sounds like he's learned well and is on it. 

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Lets assume the worst shall we? Perhaps the old plan wasn't working?

I read it as that there's going to be an in-depth explanation into 'The Derby Way' following on from the fans' reaction when Clement was sacked and Pearson subsequently not getting it.

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

The truth hurts sometimes, a lot of "fans" need to take a good look at themselves and their actions on match days so we can get that feel good factor back. 

I highly doubt that players rejected an inflated wage that the club have provided in recent times because of a few boos. I don't think now is the time to be blaming the fans to be honest

Whilst this sort of Q&A is both positive and commendable, I wish this sort of Q&A could be repeated somehow on Radio Derby & The DET, the trouble is a lot of our fans don't use Twitter or DCFCFans so it doesn't necessarily reach all the places that it ideally needs to.

4 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Whilst this sort of Q&A is both positive and commendable, I wish this sort of Q&A could be repeated somehow on Radio Derby & The DET, the trouble is a lot of our fans don't use Twitter or DCFCFans so it doesn't necessarily reach all the places that it ideally needs to.

I agree, they need to do more with all sorts of fans, but this is a q&a organised every year with Marketing Derby for the businesses that work with them.

14 minutes ago, James1989 said:

I wonder if that's how he treats his employees when they fail to preform, give then a cuddle and pretend nothing is wrong. The only thing that 90% of people (not just footballers) care about is money.

How on earth did you get to that conclusion from that tweet!?

Happy if concerts return  to the stadium. RHCP were awesome back in 2006. No idea why we haven't gone down that route, when it gets the city out there and more money for the club I'd imagine. 

No mention of drones, Mac returning, ticket pricing, FFP...?

4 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

How on earth did you get to that conclusion from that tweet!?

??? He saying players won't join because fans boo? What a load of bull. What does he do when he sits in his office and his staff continually under perform? Didn't think it was that difficult to grasp

I think everybody is getting a bit too upset about what Mel said about booing at half time.

He understands, as we all do, that we want to see players giving 100%, performing well and getting results. He also recognises we have been poor this season.

He didn't even say anything about booing at full time. He talked about booing at half time when we are drawing 0-0 being unhelpful. How can anybody think that he is wrong on that? Booing doesn't help, it doesn't motivate. If you have to do it when we've lost a game or performed badly, then that's your choice, but at half time when we're not losing??

Of course it's not attractive to players, whether they're at the club or looking at signing for us, it's just stupid!

This club, the players, the fans need to be united and fighting the same battles. Mel has today acknowledged it isn't currently the case and hasn't been helped by poor communication from the club. Over the next two weeks he is looking to put that right. So let's see if it happens!

3 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Happy if concerts return  to the stadium. RHCP were awesome back in 2006. No idea why we haven't gone down that route, when it gets the city out there and more money for the club I'd imagine. 

No mention of drones, Mac returning, ticket pricing, FFP...?

He said he isn't interested in drones, previous PA system couldn't cope with concert quality, hence the replacement.

1 minute ago, James1989 said:

??? He saying players won't join because fans boo? What a load of bull. What does he do when sits in his office and his staff continually under perform? Didn't think it was that difficult 

He said its a factor, not a reason. Positive working environment is an important thing to lots of people imo. Why should footballers be any different?

4 minutes ago, James1989 said:

??? He saying players won't join because fans boo? What a load of bull. What does he do when he sits in his office and his staff continually under perform? Didn't think it was that difficult to grasp

The only thing I'm finding difficult to grasp is you jumping to the conclusion you have. He did not say that (bold).

Maybe he stands next to his underperforming staff and boos them. I'm sure that would be the solution.

Archived