Burnley fans opinion of Hendrick

Rample

Personally a big fan - I had hoped that Thorne, Hendrick, Hughes could be our Premiership midfield, but I have to admit after adding Johnson and Butterfield for £10M - £10M for Hendrick does seem like sensible business as we have more depth for a net break even. (I am still thinking there is more to come from Johnson)

And with Thorne in the squad - depth in midfield is pretty important.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does their opinion of him really make that much of a difference to us? He's started well there, good for him. We saw enough of him over 5/6 years to realise that £10.5million is more than a fair price for us.

I'm sure Norwich fans have a different opinion of Bradley Johnson than we do. Players just perform differently at different clubs. A Swindon or Fulham fan may think Chris Martin is *****, because that may be what they've seen. I personally think he's very good, because that's what I've seen.

I certainly won't be losing any sleep or have a sense of regret over selling Jeff Hendrick just because he's doing alright at Burnley.

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

"Let's see some consistency now from the player. Something the Derby fans complained he lacked. The big difference now is that he will now be far better managed at a better run club" :(

Blahdy-blahdy-blah.

Now I hope we draw Burnley in the FA Cup

and batter them.

Give over, We know he's capable of those performances the difference is he performed when he felt like it at Derby. Burnley have got some strong characters in that side who would probably fill him in if they saw him being lazy and sloppy like he was far to many times here. 

We've got no leaders in our side that can get amongst players and ******* them if they are being lazy, Keogh is possibly one of the worst leaders as a captain I have ever seen. 

Jeff was one of many of our current soft touch precious little flowers that turn up and play when they feel like it. Absolutley evident that we are a soft touch club, a cash cow for players to come and earn obscene amounts of money on huge contracts that they know they can get away with putting in half arsed performances every week because we just blame the managers. 

I didn't expect anything different from Jeff, it doesn't make me proud, it makes me pretty f*****g angry. 

1 minute ago, Derbados said:

Give over, We know he's capable of those performances the difference is he performed when he felt like it at Derby. Burnley have got some strong characters in that side who would probably fill him in if they saw him being lazy and sloppy like he was far to many times here. 

We've got no leaders in our side that can get amongst players and ******* them if they are being lazy, Keogh is possibly one of the worst leaders as a captain I have ever seen. 

Jeff was one of many of our current soft touch precious little flowers that turn up and play when they feel like it. Absolutley evident that we are a soft touch club, a cash cow for players to come and earn obscene amounts of money on huge contracts that they know they can get away with putting in half arsed performances every week because we just blame the managers. 

I didn't expect anything different from Jeff, it doesn't make me proud, it makes me pretty f*****g angry. 

Derby's premier motivational speaker ladies and gentlemen! Try harder or get the **** kicked out of you.

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Drivel. 

1 minute ago, cannable said:

Drivel. 

Insightful, although sorry I forgot it's all the Managers fault. Amazing how Jeff can go to the premier league and start putting in performances when at times here he struggled to pass a ball 5 yards, but yep, we should all be proud. . . 

On ‎23‎/‎07‎/‎2016 at 08:56, Derbados said:

I think if Burnley come back with another bid, we'll sell. Hendrick obviously wants to play in the premier league (although in my opinion he's nowhere near good enough)

12 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Which is it then? Not good enough or not trying, because you seem a little conflicted.

11 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Insightful, although sorry I forgot it's all the Managers fault. Amazing how Jeff can go to the premier league and start putting in performances when at times here he struggled to pass a ball 5 yards, but yep, we should all be proud. . . 

If posts in this thread are to be believed then him switching off defensively has already cost Burnley three goals.

It's got **** all to do with leaders or laziness. He is an attacking midfielder. He comes to life in the opposition third, he always has and always will. He was always sloppy in the first two thirds because that isn't his domain - he lacks the awareness and intelligence to contribute to the build up play and defensive side of the game. He doesn't need bollocking - he needs letting off the leash. 

As for being a soft touch club; people were staring at the time that our signings didn't fit and wouldn't improve us. It was and still is the case. These players aren't performing below expectations because we have no leaders, they're performing below expectations because they don't have a place in the team that gets the best out of them becaus of our shambolic recruitment. D'you seriously think that a bollocking from Eustace would alter Bradley Johnson's career trend of having a 76% pass accuracy? 

4 hours ago, curtains said:

I've never doubted the lad. 

Shame he had to leave but Pearson had no choice with the fee being at 10.5 million 

Yes I think Jeff could have a long career in the PL, perhaps that will require changing club from time to time but he has the ability and desire to play at the highest level. 

True, Pearson probably didn't have a choice. If it were an option I would rather have sold Butterfield, Ince, Blackman, Johnson combined for £10.5 million and kept Hendrick. 

Archived