Burnley fans opinion of Hendrick

Rample

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I always said at 24 he is just coming into his prime.

Have we considered he was too good for the championship?

I remember when we got John Gregory in the old third division, he was among players and stood out with what seemed to be terrible passes to spaces where there were no players. On reflection it turned out he was just putting balls into areas where there should have been a player and this showed as we progressed over the next couple of seasons.

I personally think 10 million was fair but I also believe Hendrick will continue to improve in a better league against better opposition.

Good for him, he's always had the potential but never showed it consistently, maybe he's better suited to Prem football than Champ level? 

We would have been daft not to accept their offer, it was the only logical choice for club and player!

51 minutes ago, Bridgford Ram said:

Pleased for the player.  Always gave 100% and never agitated for a move.  There is a very good player in there and I hope the good early signs continue for him and that Burnley become a stepping stone to a better club.

In the end it was him that wanted to go and we wanted him to stay.  All we could do was stall until the fee was acceptably maximised.

Ouch: (from the above link)

"Really impressed with this lad , stepped up a division and looks completely at home in Premier league he's also a good click with Defour and Marney . Against Arsenal he as very strong ( too strong physically for them centrally ) he's areal athlete and also has the ability to pick a pass". "Let's see some consistency now from the player. Something the Derby fans complained he lacked. The big difference now is that he will now be far better managed at a better run club."

A lot of us said he would do very well in the PL. It's more suited to Hendrick. If Hughes was snapped up, he'd be a STAR in the premier league, as would Thorne (if fit). Bryson could cope too. Mel needs to find a manager who can get our better players performing like premier league players. 

Archived