Burnley fans opinion of Hendrick

Rample

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Great price for an inconsistent player that we didn't really need, unlike Martin who we do need!

Watched the Ireland game last night was Hendrick playing?

Wake up! One player went to a premier league team for a huge fee, scored on his debut and became an instant fan favourite. One player went to a championship team on loan, has done nothing but miss open goals, and is loathed by the fans who want him gone. One was sold reluctantly because he was highly pursued, and the other one was pushed out the door. One player is a regular centre mid for Ireland who got out of the group stage at the World Cup and one is a basically a bench player for Scotland who couldn't even qualify for it.

Are you getting the picture? 

Gwaan Jeff

Would have loved to have seen Hendrick, Hughes and Thorne have a good stab as a midfield 3 in the prem if we'd gone up in 13/14. Could have been a really good, young, physical yet technically adept midfield.

Happy to watch him sit back and have a good go of it at Burnley though. Probably going to have to do the same with Hughes...

I'm pleased he's started well and hopefully continues to do so, seeing a Derby academy product in the PL is satisfying. 

Let's not jump the gun here though, he's only made 4 appearances, not all starts. We've all seen Jeff play blinders for 2 or 3 games, it's the following 10 games which have been his problem. If by Christmas he's still churning out these performances he'll get another tip of my hat. 

I still think 10.5 million pounds for Jeff Hendrick is the best bit of transfer business we've done in our modern history. 

24 minutes ago, Ninos said:

Wake up! One player went to a premier league team for a huge fee, scored on his debut and became an instant fan favourite. One player went to a championship team on loan, has done nothing but miss open goals, and is loathed by the fans who want him gone. One was sold reluctantly because he was highly pursued, and the other one was pushed out the door. One player is a regular centre mid for Ireland who got out of the group stage at the World Cup and one is a basically a bench player for Scotland who couldn't even qualify for it.

Maybe we should have signed Castaginos when you were drooling at that prospect. Did you know he hasnt scored a goal in over 12 months. I wonder whether you would want him still....

37 minutes ago, rynny said:

Maybe we should have signed Castaginos when you were drooling at that prospect. Did you know he hasnt scored a goal in over 12 months. I wonder whether you would want him still....

I only was keen because mcclaren was keen but he couldn't get him. So he's as prolific as Martin then? He's playing at a higher level though isn't he? You need to compare apples with apples not apples with a rotten orange. 

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Nope. What did they both do for us?

Oh that's right one, an ever present for us when fit, scored a shedload of goals and has as many assists (or more?) for three seasons. The other was inconsistent, couldn't hold down a place in a championship team was sold to a Prem club for a fee far too high/silly to refuse!

5 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Nope. What did they both do for us?

Oh that's right one, an ever present for us when fit, scored a shedload of goals and has as many assists (or more?) for three seasons. The other was inconsistent, couldn't hold down a place in a championship team was sold to a Prem club for a fee far too high/silly to refuse!

Okay. I'll let common sense market value premier league appearances and goals alongside a glowing World Cup performance give me all the information i need. You go live in your cloud cuckoo historical land.

4 hours ago, Ninos said:

Okay. I'll let common sense market value premier league appearances and goals alongside a glowing World Cup performance give me all the information i need. You go live in your cloud cuckoo historical land.

I'd rather judge players by their performances for DCFC that I have witnessed rather than their performances for other teams or opinions on other clubs' supporters, cloud cuckoo land tells me that Martin was fantastic for us and Hendrick was OK and really good now and again.

5 hours ago, Ninos said:

Again, what has this got to do with their performances for us, because as a Derby fan, surely that's all that matters

We did brilliantly to get £10m for him. Decent footballer, potential to be so much more. 

Very early days. Glad he's impressing early. But I look forward to reading the views of Burnley fans as the season progresses. I chance they'll alter said opinions. I might be wrong.

I liked Jeff. But I wouldn't pick him if he was still here. Which speaks volumes considering...

10 hours ago, europia said:

Yes I think Jeff could have a long career in the PL, perhaps that will require changing club from time to time but he has the ability and desire to play at the highest level. 

True, Pearson probably didn't have a choice. If it were an option I would rather have sold Butterfield, Ince, Blackman, Johnson combined for £10.5 million and kept Hendrick. 

Then you haven't watched Derby for the last year or so. 

Butterfield (8), Ince (11) and Johnson (5) scored 24 goals between them last season. 

Jeff played just as often as they did. 

Tell me what he did last season. 

On 07/10/2016 at 09:17, Mostyn6 said:

"Let's see some consistency now from the player. Something the Derby fans complained he lacked. The big difference now is that he will now be far better managed at a better run club" :(

Can't really argue with that can you?

Two promotions since he took over in 2012, and a feeling that the club is moving forward in harmony.

On 7 October 2016 at 09:21, Bridgford Ram said:

Pleased for the player.  Always gave 100% and never agitated for a move.  There is a very good player in there and I hope the good early signs continue for him and that Burnley become a stepping stone to a better club.

Publicly he didn't but privately he did.

Archived