Player power strikes again

YouRams

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I personally think they were trying. 

There was no lack off effort in the two matches I was at under NP (Brighton and Ipswich), we were arguably the better team v Ipswich. 

I think trying plan a harder might have, what? Over the season got us out the relegation zone. Yey. 

I do not think its as simple as the players werent trying, I also dont think its as simple as pearson was wrong about everything. But we were rubbish under his management. 

I dont think the players respected him, or had confidence in his instrctions, tgats not.the same as trying to carry them out. 

It looked like they had no idea what they were supposed to be doing, not that they weren't trying.

Bryson looked like he was trying to playing holding mid.

Bent looked like he was trying to do the Martin role against Blackburn.

BJ looked like he was trying to play wide left. 

Butters looked like he was trying to play wide right. 

Hughes looked like he was trying to do his best Kante impression. 

Weimann tried to play wing back. 

By and large, as a fan you should be able to see what the system is and what it needs to fix it. Clough need a holding midfielder and to stop persisting with the silly diamond. Clement needed somebody more comfortable on the ball than Shacks, somebody with more energy than Warnock and somebody to get close to Martin.

There was no such discussion on here because nobody had an clue what Pearson was trying to do. Not even the players. You can't apply yourself to something when you don't know what you're applying yourself to.

9 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

We didn't have spending power in previous seasons... Not til last year...

A manager who takes a squad of players which finishes 5th into the relegation zone is a bad manager...

We have a talented enough squad that any fan in the stands should be able to pick a side which would be top half after 10 games...

So Bilic and the Mourinho are also bad managers by your analogy?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

This is exactly the kind of message that's beginning to irritate me now. 

Some are laying into the players for acting like little babies and whining to MM without knowing what was said and how. As I have said earlier, every employee has the right to be treated with respect by their manager regardless of how badly they are at the job. 

Let's not jump to conclusions that NP did speak to them reasonably or unreasonably unless we actually know what was said. 

I mentioned on another thread that there is a proportion of our fanbase who despise our players and don't seem to care how badly it effects the club so long as these players are somehow punished for not providing them with Premier League football. They will tell themselves any lies and half truths they have to in order to justify this stance. They will come up with reasonable and workable solutions like, "they should all be put on the transfer list". They will claim a 27 year old with 60 goals in the last three seasons is "past it". They will conduct a witch hunt after every single goal conceded. They want Moor Farm to resemble a gulag.

Mel has talked in the past of a leadership group amongst the players, these players are sometimes taken away from the club environment for meetings, leadership training etc.

I'd assume the seven players mentioned are this group, and they may just have been relaying the whole squads concerns rather than their own personal misgivings.

1 minute ago, Anon said:

I mentioned on another thread that there is a proportion of our fanbase who despise our players and don't seem to care how badly it effects the club so long as these players are somehow punished for not providing them with Premier League football. They will tell themselves any lies and half truths they have to in order to justify this stance. They will come up with reasonable and workable solutions like, "they should all be put on the transfer list". They will claim a 27 year old with 60 goals in the last three seasons is "past it". They will conduct a witch hunt after every single goal conceded. They want Moor Farm to resemble a gulag.

Theres certainly an element of that going about. 

And, I see what the planning objection was now "Soviet Gulag" not being i n keeping with the area. 

6 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Mourinho got fired dude... And Bilic is on the verge of it...

For the respective club at the respective time... Yes... Bad managers...

I'm not sure why (as with others) you seem to think the players shouldn't air any grievances they have? Management is about knowing how to manage people... In every organisation in the world if you are a manager of people, you have to be able to manage them... You can't just say "well this is my way of running things and if you don't like it then leave"...

tell that to fergie the most succesful english manager. set off poorly they backed him,he cleared out all the dead wood and hey presto ! i fear mel has backed the dead wood

22 minutes ago, Anon said:

High drama aside, it really is quite alarming just how many people seem willing to back someone who's done next to bugger all for us (although I do think the signings of Vydra and Anya will prove to be his one lasting positive contribution) and is proven to be of an unpredictable character by virtue of some truly irrational past (and very public) events, just so they can take their frustrations out on those who've by and large done a lot of positive things for us but ultimately been unsuccessful... so far.

The trouble is Pearson is a shapeshifter and not a very good one.

We had a perfectly good 433 formation ans he imposed 442 without having the players to do it.

Having stumbled upon the fact (v Blackburn) we could just about cope with 442 if we played a CM player out wide who would then tuck in if needed, he insisted on trying to prove he was right again and Hey Presto we concede 2 goals. Then he has the temerity to blame the players. He changed the shape. 

Putting his own ideology above the team's needs.      

16 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Mourinho got fired dude... And Bilic is on the verge of it...

For the respective club at the respective time... Yes... Bad managers...

I'm not sure why (as with others) you seem to think the players shouldn't air any grievances they have? Management is about knowing how to manage people... In every organisation in the world if you are a manager of people, you have to be able to manage them... You can't just say "well this is my way of running things and if you don't like it then leave"...

Now I know you talk complete nonsense! :lol:

5 minutes ago, sage said:

The trouble is Pearson is a shapeshifter and not a very good one.

We had a perfectly good 433 formation ans he imposed 442 without having the players to do it.

Having stumbled upon the fact (v Blackburn) we could just about cope with 442 if we played a CM player out wide who would then tuck in if needed, he insisted on trying to prove he was right again and Hey Presto we concede 2 goals. Then he has the temerity to blame the players. He changed the shape. 

Putting his own ideology above the team's needs.      

Thought you going a bit David Icke for a moment! 

18 minutes ago, Anon said:

I'm honestly amazed at the number of people who think we should be creating an absolutely horrendous working environment and seem to think that this will improve performances.  Don't let players be friends with other players because we'll get cliques, they should all hate each other.  Don't play to any players strengths, they should all be required to do things they can't do and slagged off if they can't.  Allow any amount of bullying from management and they should absolutely never be allowed to complain about it.  Any player that plays too well for too long should be sold as we're 'too reliant' on them.

Once again we have little facts but the knives are out for the so called 'Magnificent Seven' based on tabloid waffle.

Our players are all professionals. They will have been shouted at since about the age of 6. It will have started with their Dads and then their coaches and so on.

They may not all like being shouted at, although in my experience some do react well to it, but you can sure as hell bet that they are all used to it.

Look at some of the managers that these players have played under: Clough, Dyche, Holloway, Alex Neil, Steve Bruce, Harry Redknapp etc etc. Your not telling me that these guys haven't dished it out every once in a while!

If and I say if, seven professional players have gone above the manager's head, you could reasonably suggest that a line has been crossed.

We don't know the facts at all, its just today's take on the story.

6 minutes ago, Coconut said:

High drama aside, it really is quite alarming just how many people seem willing to back someone who's done next to bugger all for us (although I do think the signings of Vydra and Anya will prove to be his one lasting positive contribution) and is proven to be of an unpredictable character by virtue of some truly irrational past (and very public) events, just so they can take their frustrations out on those who've by and large done a lot of positive things for us but ultimately been unsuccessful... so far.

The standard response would be one of "but leicester" or "his leicester players loved him so its our players who are tge problem"

28 minutes ago, McLovin said:

We have a bunch of babies in our team. We will never go up with these in our team. I said after the Burton game that I heard about the snakes in our team. This only reinforces it. All nicey nicey when things go well are are a bunch of pathetic princesses when things are going bad. Didn't someone say before that they heard from Shackell's ex teammate that he is the type of guy you can't trust in the trenches is case he betrayed you? I'd suggest and know that we have a number of players like this. What happened to the honest working profession I do not know. Pearson may not have got his tactics spot on but I'm convinced this lot would have got him sacked regardless. I've never felt so disconnected from a Derby team. Players always get the manager the sack, managers don't sack players.

Still no names on these snakes...

Managers don't sack players but they can transfer list them or even worse send them out on loan to someone in the same division...

3 minutes ago, barnsley ram said:

tell that to fergie the most succesful english manager. set off poorly they backed him,he cleared out all the dead wood and hey presto ! i fear mel has backed the dead wood

Really? Not helping your posting prowess by making such a basic mistake...

It's an interesting point... However I'm not sure it's quite as simple as you make out... Talking to Man Utd fans in their 50s about the side they always talk about the slow adaptation Ferguson took them through... He didn't rock the boat too badly, just slowly over a few years turned them in the way he wanted to go...

Even if we make the argument that this group of players has gone as far as it can (I don't believe that) and we need to replace them all... The way to do that is slowly... Let them play the style they're used to at first and slowly adapt it... Pearson seemed to totally ignore this is favour of immediate overhaul... Which just doesn't work...

Just now, RadioactiveWaste said:

The standard response would be one of "but leicester" or "his leicester players loved him so its our players who are tge problem"

I suspect you'll find that the reason the Leicester players loved him, was that anyone that didn't love him was pretty quickly moved on.  That's not necessarily an awful way of doing things, but I'm not going to praise him for his man management over it either.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I suspect you'll find that the reason the Leicester players loved him, was that anyone that didn't love him was pretty quickly moved on.  That's not necessarily an awful way of doing things, but I'm not going to praise him for his man management over it either.

Fair comment. 

Archived