Player power strikes again

YouRams

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I've never felt so disconnected from a Derby team. 

This I can relate to, the connection has gone at the moment. However it was only a few months ago that I was willing to travel all over the country to see this team, mostly the same players, and was proud of them mostly, even though at times they did their best to infuriate me!

Whichever way you come at the events of the last few days, its painfully obvious that things had changed dramatically and on the face of it for the worse, with little encouragement that they were going to change soon.

It looked like it was going to be a long drag to the January transfer window!

Just now, NewhallRam71 said:

This I can relate to, the connection has gone at the moment. However it was only a few months ago that I was willing to travel all over the country to see this team, mostly the same players, and was proud of them mostly, even though at times they did their best to infuriate me!

Whichever way you come at the events of the last few days, its painfully obvious that things had changed dramatically and on the face of it for the worse, with little encouragement that they were going to change soon.

It looked like it was going to be a long drag to the January transfer window!

I actually feel the exact opposite.  Under Pearson, I felt completely disconnected from the team - it honestly made no sense to me to literally burn the whole thing down and start again.  Years of team building being destroyed almost overnight.  Yet now, with Pearson (potentially) gone, we're back to playing to the players strengths in a system that suits them, the players look happier, we're scoring again and picking up points again.  And the enjoyment is starting to come back.  Obviously that all may change depending on what happens with Pearson and if/when a new manager is appointed.  But at the moment, I can at least see a way forward.

6 hours ago, YouRams said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/efl/1912866/derby-boss-nigel-pearson-had-to-be-physically-held-back-in-clash-with-chairman-mel-morris-that-led-to-suspension/

Take it with a pinch of salt coming from the sun, but if true the players have managed to push a second manager out the door. They deserve a grilling for the half arsed performances they are putting in, if I were Mel I'd of told the 7 players where to go and let Pearson carry on. 

Out of interest, which other manager did players push out of the door and have you git any evidence to back it up?

55 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

This is exactly the kind of message that's beginning to irritate me now. 

Some are laying into the players for acting like little babies and whining to MM without knowing what was said and how. As I have said earlier, every employee has the right to be treated with respect by their manager regardless of how badly they are at the job. 

Let's not jump to conclusions that NP did speak to them reasonably or unreasonably unless we actually know what was said. 

It's a football dressing room, not an office at Next headquarters. 

I find it bizarre that 7 players would go to the owner to complain about being bollocked. 

Footballers are nannied enough. What next? Go to the FA because a ref booked them? 

Its childish. 

Yes we were stuggling but the manager was trying to change the system from one that failed to get promoted 3 years running, to one that could get promoted. 

Some players have had to adapt the way they play, and if they can't then they should be on the training ground after hours to work on it. 

These are grown men that are paid vast sums of money. They aren't teenagers on minimum wage. 

As I said before, a cm being asked to play on the wing shouldn't stop his ability to pass a ball 6 yards to a teammate. 

I'm not a fan of pearson, but the idea that he is what is solely wrong and he ruined this club is an absolute nonsense. 

Once again the players are off the hook, and ready to dismiss the next manager that dares to rock their little boat. 

Just now, sage said:

Out of interest, which other manager did players push out of the door and have you git any evidence to back it up?

Have you got evidence to back up player power wasn't a contributing factor to our last manager getting the sack? Other than a grey statement from the club.

16 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Still no names on these snakes...

Managers don't sack players but they can transfer list them or even worse send them out on loan to someone in the same division...

If anyone wants to post a list of "allegedly" backstabbing, treacherous players, please tag me so I can delete it immediately. 

Just now, duncanjwitham said:

I actually feel the exact opposite.  Under Pearson, I felt completely disconnected from the team - it honestly made no sense to me to literally burn the whole thing down and start again.  Years of team building being destroyed almost overnight.  Yet now, with Pearson (potentially) gone, we're back to playing to the players strengths in a system that suits them, the players look happier, we're scoring again and picking up points again.  And the enjoyment is starting to come back.  Obviously that all may change depending on what happens with Pearson and if/when a new manager is appointed.  But at the moment, I can at least see a way forward.

I didn't explain that very well!

I agree with you, my disconnection relates to the Pearson era of the last couple of months.

I wouldn't say I am 'All In' again though as yet, would like some closure on all this mess and hopefully see some light at the end of the tunnel again!

Just now, YouRams said:

Have you got evidence to back up player power wasn't a contributing factor to our last manager getting the sack? Other than a grey statement from the club.

I don't need to provide evidence. I wasn't the one making an accusation.

facepalm.jpg

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

You're the one making the claim, it's your job to provide the evidence.  Otherwise you can prove to me why it wasn't space aliens from space that got Clement sacked.

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

I've been a bit ambivalent on NP appointment and time with us.

I thought it was a brilliant appointment for us as I was beginning to question our players metal, I thought he'd be the man to pull them into shape. 9 games in and it didn't look good tbh, although I did think/hope he would pull it round and the players were just getting used to the system/philosophy.

NOW it seems something wasn't obviously right and if the tabloids are to be believed there's a lot of back biting going on and this has led NP going off his nut. 

3 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

It's a football dressing room, not an office at Next headquarters. 

I find it bizarre that 7 players would go to the owner to complain about being bollocked. 

Footballers are nannied enough. What next? Go to the FA because a ref booked them? 

Its childish. 

Yes we were stuggling but the manager was trying to change the system from one that failed to get promoted 3 years running, to one that could get promoted. 

Some players have had to adapt the way they play, and if they can't then they should be on the training ground after hours to work on it. 

These are grown men that are paid vast sums of money. They aren't teenagers on minimum wage.

Who said it was the fact they got bollocked that the complaint was made? Maybe something else happend that they made a complaint about, when all said and done Pearson has been suspended for something and it's unlikely it's for telling players off after a bad performance.

3 minutes ago, SinfinMark said:

Who said it was the fact they got bollocked that the complaint was made? Maybe something else happend that they made a complaint about, when all said and done Pearson has been suspended for something and it's unlikely it's for telling players off after a bad performance.

Tell us what it is then 

6 hours ago, YouRams said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/efl/1912866/derby-boss-nigel-pearson-had-to-be-physically-held-back-in-clash-with-chairman-mel-morris-that-led-to-suspension/

Take it with a pinch of salt coming from the sun, but if true the players have managed to push a second manager out the door. They deserve a grilling for the half arsed performances they are putting in, if I were Mel I'd of told the 7 players where to go and let Pearson carry on. 

Still no evidence to support this. Your theory, your responsibility to provide evidence.  facepalm.jpg

I agree with mwram1973 at first I was happy he'd took charge, as he seemed the best candidate out there  (not a great bunch to choose from). But after seeing how preseason was totally mishandled along with the transfer window and the way we have been playing under his instruction, then to be honest I'll be glad to see the back of him. 

17 minutes ago, cheron85 said:

Why? Support that with something? Anything?

You stated Mourinho and Bilic are both bad managers.

One of which has won everything that is possible as a league manager.

Other is a new kid on the block and has taken a West Ham side to 4pts from a champions league spot.

Archived