No interviews

IlsonDerby

8 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Why? For you to be so certain that you would refer to the club using whatever words you used I could only assume that you knew the facts. Nothing defensive from me IF the reason is as some are reporting I will agree it's petty, however I would prefer to know the facts before coming to that conclusion.

What planet are you on? How on earth could you assume that given you were responding to a very short post of mine which started off with "Whatever the reason...".

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, ariotofmyown said:

I thought the commentary was pretty funny today, especially Ed describing who Wassell was after his comments. "The words of the future Derby manager Darren Wassell there" etc

Pretty sure it was future manager Craig Ramage.

2 minutes ago, ramesses said:

What planet are you on? How on earth could you assume that given you were responding to a very short post of mine which started off with "Whatever the reason...".

That would just seem to indicate that you don't care what the reason is...

Radio Derby were banned before - when the tyrant Maxwell was in charge.

Whatever the reasons this time, it's still never a good idea. Bridges, once burnt, stay burnt.

49 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

What an earth can the Club have been thinking, singling out RD to not talk to? This is as good a media gaff as 'the Derby Way' bananas! FFS!

The Derby Way is cool ... if it gets results :ph34r:

RD are working in a vacuum at present and are being very respectful of the need to keep schtum. The club should be grateful for that.  And accept the humour in  good spirit . There is no spite in it and it helps relieve the anxiety of all of us about what is happening at our club. It is difficult when we are being told nothing.............   and the silence continues with no word of any kind of communication.   The Ed and Craig show is doing its best to lighten the situation  Radio Derby are behaving like responsible adults.

Here endeth the lesson!!!     Sorry but........................

Have only read the first 6 pages ( take too long to read all 15) so apologies if anyone else has said this. On Wednesday the Radio Derby sports news items were very critical of Mel Morris, suggesting that 'everyone' was now saying that Derby were now no different to clubs like Leeds and fired their managers far too quickly and easily ( this is a paraphrase ) .

My reaction on hearing this was that the criticism was far too strong  until we know exactly why Pearson has been suspended. It's  possible that Pearson committed some act of gross misconduct in the terms of his contract and that Morris had no choice but to suspend.The RD sports staff should have been more circumspect.

If this explains why Radio Derby had no interviews and Morris is extracting some kind of revenge my opinion of Morris would be lowered considerably. Taking criticism goes with running a football club and it's not like the comments were deeply personal - more like close to the bone . Cutting off Radio Derby by the club  has happened before and it has never been a good sign.

I can't believe that Radio Derby weren't given an interview, if it was Sky then CP would be obligated to do so.

as mentioned in an earlier post, the club should provide a member of the management team to talk about the game as the fans should get an inside view on the game. It is perfectly acceptable for the club to tell the interviewer not to ask about NP as that was covered after the Cardiff game but I can't believe those of you that think we don't have a right to expect such. 

What do fans get for supporting the club then? The club is happy to take our money for tickets, merchandise etc but we have to rely on fluffy reports in the DET  to get information on the games?

I think I've got it: 

Radio Derby accidentally left a microphone at Moor Farm; the same item was brandished and used as a sort of toilet brush during an almighty scrum between the main protagonists. 

Radio Derby are being advised to use those more flexible 'goose neck' models in future. They cause less pain. 

20 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

That would just seem to indicate that you don't care what the reason is...

Jesus wept. Of course it doesn’t indicate that. It indicates that, whatever the reason, the problem is with the club's reaction.

I’m sure the club has many ways of dealing with any perceived local radio problem without resorting to such a petty and very public slap.

Archived