No interviews

IlsonDerby

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd say you are being petty and very over-sensitive. It's Radio Derby that are being banned here, not YOU. Go and listen to Sky Sports or Talk sport, or other outlets. The interviews are happening, just not on RD

No I am not being petty, local radio serves the Derby public, and we as fans listen and support our local team, so let's have those bloody interviews now, and Mel to give an interview about what is happening at our club, and how many managers we will have in the next few years.

9 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

No honestly you really don't.

You are a customer, nothing more nothing less.

Do you demand to hear what is happening everywhere you are a customer of? I doubt you expect interviews from Tesco employees when they change their manager!

I am sorry to say, G STAR, that your analogy is faulty.

Not many people are brand loyal these days. But supporting a football club is a lifetime vocation. For some people it is their chosen focus for life, in a way that Tesco or even Aldi are not.

Moreover, except for MU supporters, the local club is an essential part of the community. We seek to have pride in our club (interesting it's gone since Pride Park went) and feel part of it.

So to deny our local Radio Station a direct contact (but allow national media to have it becasue of the financial penalty of withholding it) IS A DISGRACE. A  SACKABLE OFFENCE. AND THEREFORE AN ABUSE OF POWER.

STALINESQUE.

1 minute ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A bit petty, to.be honest.

Radio derby are not answerable to the club and they are within their rights to have an opinion even if its not flattering. 

Is what that guy said a fact?Likewise DCFC are not answerable to RD and if they don't like the way they are being portrayed then why would they let them carry on with interviews?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A bit petty, to.be honest.

Radio derby are not answerable to the club and they are within their rights to have an opinion even if its not flattering. 

It's the cornerstone of a free press.

I hope the club doesn't think a BBC radio station ought to be fawningly positive about it.

1 minute ago, Half fan said:

I am sorry to say, G STAR, that your analogy is faulty.

Not many people are brand loyal these days. But supporting a football club is a lifetime vocation. For some people it is their chosen focus for life, in a way that Tesco or even Aldi are not.

Moreover, except for MU supporters, the local club is an essential part of the community. We seek to have pride in our club (interesting it's gone since Pride Park went) and feel part of it.

So to deny our local Radio Station a direct contact (but allow national media to have it becasue of the financial penalty of withholding it) IS A DISGRACE. A  SACKABLE OFFENCE. AND THEREFORE AN ABUSE OF POWER.

STALINESQUE.

My analogy is not faulty at all. 

Don't forget 4 or 5 years ago a lot of fans who are now demanding answers could not even be bothered to watch the team.

I know there are lots that stick with DCFC through thick and thin too.

I agree that it is not good but until you know the reasons for it, it could be worth witholding judgement?

Good luck with sacking Mel.

12 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

I'd say you are being petty and very over-sensitive. It's Radio Derby that are being banned here, not YOU. Go and listen to Sky Sports or Talk sport, or other outlets. The interviews are happening, just not on RD

Get your tongue out of MM's ass for one day will you, just because you met him ONCE doesn't mean he cares about you y'know

Just now, NottsRam77 said:

To be fair if the club just don't Owen Bradley then it's not as if their alone on that - fair play to them I say 

They have every right to decide who can and can't interview their employees, but if they've banned someone because they disagree with their opinion that's a bit harsh. But as others have said, there's probably more to it. Holloway at Sky and plenty of other pundits from BBC/The Guardian etc. have said much worse things and haven't had their media privileges removed (although I imagine it would be very difficult to ban an organisation like Sky). :lol:

Archived