No interviews

IlsonDerby

If the club are behaving like spoilt brats, it only means that a proportion of the fan-base have finally got the club they deserve.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, CornwallRam said:

Two points on that.

1, Those tweets are from a journalist who may well have been in the press box. That makes him potentially a very good source.

2, Even if those tweets are incorrect, it just shows the absolute stupidity of the decision from the club. With them acting like spoilt brats, they give a free reign to everyone else to fill in the gaps. Chris Powell might have had to field a couple of mildly uncomfortable questions, but the grief level from that is microscopic when compared to the grief the club will now get for such a ridiculous gesture.

I think Peters was at Bristol?  I wouldn't say outright he is wrong, as he obviously has good connections, but Peters is also a Leicester fan and possibly has connections to Pearson? He also likes to think all other midlands are in disarray, while Leicester are a perfect example of how to run a club rather than considering it a one off miracle. Again not saying he's entirely wrong but I'd just take him with a pinch of salt for now.

The rest I entirely agree with.

I do feel like it is petty. The sports scene team are paid to report on Derby but not as objective robots, otherwise just employ staticians. They are paid to give opinions and that is why we listen to the radio rather than watch teletext/bbc live feeds... 

Nothing they have said is any worse than what national media outlets have said. Just the club taking out some frustration on the wrong people. 

We do ourselves no favours in terms of how people see us. Whoever made the decision has given me a negative view on the mindset of those in charge of such things. Just let us ask about the games and brief them not to mention Pearson. Done. 

Maybe Radio Derby should be a little more professional. They sound like fans on the radio and a couple of mates having a laugh. It shouldn't be the case. They get paid to report on radio Derby. 

I may be wrong  here but radio Derby are responsible for some of the negativity that surround the club. Granted, twitter takes the lion's share of the blame, but they are far too emotive when describing either commentary or news about  the club. 

They need to be more impartial because as far as I am concerned they contribute the 'soap opera' more than anyone else. 

In saying all that, I don't think it was wise of MM to ban them. Maybe he needs to be more professional too. 

2 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Even if it's because they have been threatened with legal action if a certain situation is discussed?

They are giving interviews to all other media outlets. it  is only RD that they're not talking to. So what are you on about?

1 minute ago, ramesses said:

They are giving interviews to all other media outlets. it  is only RD that they're not talking to. So what are you on about?

I was not aware of that, was just thinking of potential reasons.

As others have stated, other interviews may be contractual obligations. 

Just now, thelovebelow said:

Maybe Radio Derby should be a little more professional.

Utter tosh mate - sorry. Their remit is community broadcasting and that means being in with the community and living with it . If there is anyone at fault it is the club and again it is showing that someone is making poor or odd decisions over and over again, what is the CEO saying about this? Someone should be explaining why...

Please tell us as we are the fans and we pay to see the games....

24 minutes ago, davenportram said:

You know the tweet about the club not liking RD calling it a soap opera actually isn't quoting any sources at all. Just like the one claiming a heated row from the owner. Don't believe all on twitter.

22 minutes ago, davenportram said:

Oh look someone on twitter has made something up without a source and people are believing him.

he's a journalist, and a reliable one at that. Admittedly he's Leicester all the way, but there's nothing to suggest he's ever lied before, so why would he now?

15 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

You and @Mostyn6 will get on great! :wub:

We already do. He's my sugar-grandaddy.

1 minute ago, oldtimeram said:

I suspect this decision has been made by someone at the top, or very near the top, in the club.

Very odd behaviour indeed.

Spoilt brat behaviour. 

"Love me when everything is great, but how dare you comment on my cock ups."

We ARE a soap opera, and not a very good one. If Albentosa and Calaro were still here we could be Eldorado but we can't even aspire to be THAT good now. 

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

he's a journalist, and a reliable one at that. Admittedly he's Leicester all the way, but there's nothing to suggest he's ever lied before, so why would he now?

We already do. He's my sugar-grandaddy.

DVD or it didn't happen. 

Archived