No interviews

IlsonDerby

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If this is Mel's decision (and we have to assume it is as no-one is coming forward to say otherwise), then he (quickly) needs to understand that far from punishing RD (for whatever misdemeanour's he considers they've committed), he's actually punishing the large body of Derby fans that rely on RD for news.

Last year he sacked Clement and told us that 'promotion wasn't the priority' - a great move (not!) after so many had paid their season ticket money with promotion as by far the main priority - this season he's suspended Pearson (which may have been the correct thing to do, but the lack of information leads to ill-informed speculation) and is now cutting communication links to the fans. Well I'm sorry for being blunt Mel, but you need to chill out a bit and reconsider what is happening at the club.

We want to be proud of our club (yes our club - you may own it, but you're a temporary custodian as all owners are - without the fans, you own a big empty building, a load of over-paid (based on recent performances) players and some fields. The fans are embarrassed and it does seem like a (badly-scripted) soap opera. So please get a grip and stop these knee-jerk decisions before you lose the fans - we used to laugh at Leeds and Forest - now they're laughing at us - and a free scarf (or a free Rams bobble-hat if that's what you're considering win us over again) won't fix that.....

Just now, Saul Pimpson said:

Except the club haven't "banned" Radio Derby have they, all that's happened is there were no post match interviews today. That's it.

Untangle your knickers.

There were post match interviews - but they wouldn't do them with RD - they may not have been banned, but they were excluded....

1 minute ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Except the club haven't "banned" Radio Derby have they, all that's happened is there were no post match interviews today. That's it.

Untangle your knickers.

There were no post-match interviews with Radio Derby because Radio Derby were banned from conducting post-match interviews. 

Retangle knickers.

14 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

I can't believe that Radio Derby weren't given an interview, if it was Sky then CP would be obligated to do so.

as mentioned in an earlier post, the club should provide a member of the management team to talk about the game as the fans should get an inside view on the game. It is perfectly acceptable for the club to tell the interviewer not to ask about NP as that was covered after the Cardiff game but I can't believe those of you that think we don't have a right to expect such. 

What do fans get for supporting the club then? The club is happy to take our money for tickets, merchandise etc but we have to rely on fluffy reports in the DET  to get information on the games?

It is obviously what we have all come to expect but it certainly is not our right!

As for what do we gets as customers? Just the same as any other business that you are a customer of, you will get exactly what you pay for, really not sure why you expect anything else?

The information CP will give to the DET will be exactly what he would give to RD.

3 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Untangle your knickers.

Everyone else got a post-match interview, it seems, so it's a conclusion that is easy to draw.

17 minutes ago, Seth's left foot said:

I can't believe that Radio Derby weren't given an interview, if it was Sky then CP would be obligated to do so.

as mentioned in an earlier post, the club should provide a member of the management team to talk about the game as the fans should get an inside view on the game. It is perfectly acceptable for the club to tell the interviewer not to ask about NP as that was covered after the Cardiff game but I can't believe those of you that think we don't have a right to expect such. 

What do fans get for supporting the club then? The club is happy to take our money for tickets, merchandise etc but we have to rely on fluffy reports in the DET  to get information on the games?

Chris Powell has already given a post-match interview. Granted it was to the Clubs' media outlet but is still available to all and sundry via YouTube. That doesn't  mean I condone freezing out Radio Derby - this appears to mirror the way Mike Ashley dealt with his local press which is a major concern.

2 minutes ago, eddie said:

Everyone else got a post-match interview, it seems, so it's a conclusion that is easy to draw.

Is that a ban or is it simply a refusal to give RD an interview today?

RD got interviews with Powell, Hughes and Wilson during the week. Not bad for a radio station that's supposedly been banned.

PistoldPete2
36 minutes ago, eddie said:

Radio Derby were banned before - when the tyrant Maxwell was in charge.

Whatever the reasons this time, it's still never a good idea. Bridges, once burnt, stay burnt.

Exactly... It sends all the wrong messages... Stalinist, control of the media whatever. No idea what for, I heard radio Derby on Tuesday seemed very restrained to me as you'd expect from the Bbc. 

The Club is a soap opera and this kind of thing only perpetuates that. There's no need for it and someone needs to get a grip at this club. 

15 minutes ago, hiltonram said:

The last commentator to talk as much sense as Craig Ramage on radio Derby was Gary Rowett and look at him now.

Craig Ramage knows his football, get him in as No.2 to Chris Powell now. He might have suggested having a midfielder on the bench which could have made all the difference today.

Ramage changes with the wind. It's easy to have a go back in a radio phone-in as he did last week (as he was fully entitled to do) but to suggest he is management potential is plainly ridiculous so I'm assuming it's been suggested with tongue firmly in cheek.

9 minutes ago, Saul Pimpson said:

Is that a ban or is it simply a refusal to give RD an interview today?

RD got interviews with Powell, Hughes and Wilson during the week. Not bad for a radio station that's supposedly been banned.

It's almost as though the decision has been taken since then.  If Derby defended corners as quickly and enthusiastically as you defend Mel Morris we'd be top, even if we had only scored 6 goals.

We have no idea what's going on and from a legal perspective that might be the right thing.

I know we're all curious and we love our club but something is afoot and needs putting right.

I'm glad whatever is being sorted isn't being done in the public domain.

Mel Morris is a disgrace. That should have been patently clear when he burst into the dressing room last year. I don't care that he's spent a lot of money; the money he's spent could well have made us worse by breaking up the tight knit squad.

Archived