No interviews

IlsonDerby

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

Spoilt brat behaviour. 

"Love me when everything is great, but how dare you comment on my cock ups."

We ARE a soap opera, and not a very good one. If Albentosa and Calaro were still here we could be Eldorado but we can't even aspire to be THAT good now. 

With fozzy, bryson, anya, russell and martin's dramatic exit, we just need to sign a scottish manager and we've a good stab at being bbc Scotland's "River City" (check it out.on iplayer, its brutal) 

1 minute ago, Lokidoki said:

Utter tosh mate - sorry. Their remit is community broadcasting and that means being in with the community and living with it . If there is anyone at fault it is the club and again it is showing that someone is making poor or odd decisions over and over again, what is the CEO saying about this? Someone should be explaining why...

Please tell us as we are the fans and we pay to see the games....

I don't think so. Community broadcasting is about reporting on the community and news relating to it, rather than  being immersed it. Not saying they shouldn't have opinions but they shouldn't be so emotional about it. 

You can report on Derby County and be professional. 

12 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Spoilt brat behaviour. 

"Love me when everything is great, but how dare you comment on my cock ups."

We ARE a soap opera, and not a very good one. If Albentosa and Calaro were still here we could be Eldorado but we can't even aspire to be THAT good now. 

We're not even Triangle.

5 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Good, that's how it should be. 

I don't want the clubs dirty laundry aired in public. That's exactly the right way to run the club. 

I think in general thats a good thing, and it seems like something they worked hard on, but the radio derby thing seems all wrong, breif before and say to RD "the pearson thing wont be discussed" or whatever. 

Its just the nagging sense that all is not well is getting, seemingly, on some fans minds. 

3 minutes ago, thelovebelow said:

I don't think so. Community

I don't think that you really understand the RD ethic that goes deep routed into the history of Derby and the community - it (RD) did start early because of the RR crisis in the 70's and I remember it well.

Since then with characters such as Graham Richards it built upon the emotional side of football as it is ingrained upon or within the community.

You my friend have missed the point, this the type of professionalism that at Derby we expect, not the boring matter of factness you get on other stations.

And BTW I have nothing to do with RD or broadcasting whatsoever

5 minutes ago, ramesses said:

A defensive and patronising response. Bit like the club's overreaction to the local radio station.

Why? For you to be so certain that you would refer to the club using whatever words you used I could only assume that you knew the facts. Nothing defensive from me IF the reason is as some are reporting I will agree it's petty, however I would prefer to know the facts before coming to that conclusion.

Radio Derby was always 1st on away match days, shortly followed by the Sporting Green.

Today is no different, well apart from the Sporting Green..

Mel, or someone has blocked this for the fans basically branding them (Radio Derby) as a joke. This is wrong and a poor move on the owners behalf.

Pressure showing?

Ironically after the news came out this morning about Harry Redknapp and players making bets on fixtures.

Completely bizarre.

Archived