No interviews

IlsonDerby

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

I hate to be the told you so, but a fan, millionaire or not, owning a club was always going to end badly. We have our own Fawaz and are becoming more and more of a joke by the week. The fact that a TS presenter is referring to us as a "strange club", is frightening. 

Has it ended?

21 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you reckon that then? It's starting to look like a rapid downhill slide...what's gonna stop us?

What a completely ridiculous, over-the-top reaction.

Oh, wait. It's RoyMac5. Perfectly normal for him.

15 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Mel needs to be taken out of the firing line because the bloke's a PR problem. For everything he's done good behind the scenes, in public he comes across as a bafoon with a nice pot of money which he isn't. Let Sam Rush deal with more of the footballing decisions because the more Mel gets criticised, the more it'll damage the club.

Therein lies part of the problem. As soon as he became the owner, we never saw Rush, and it was all about Mel. Clearly likes the limelight. 

48 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

And what about the money he spent paying the mortgage off or the millions he has poured into the academy, basically securing the long term future for the club?

Without wanting to get personal I think fans like you are a disgrace. 

By all means say he has made bad decision etc but at least have the decency to look at the picture.

But that's easy money to spend, isn't it... he's consistently got the harder, "more emotional" decisions wrong. Sacking coaches when he feels like it and getting way too involved in the running of the club just kills the sustainability that spending on the academy tries to create. Other owners spend lots of money without getting over-involved.

Maybe "disgrace" was a bit far (to be honest I'm just intrigued to see if I'll get a threatening PM if I go over the top with criticism) but I think it'd be difficult to say he's been a positive to the club and the reason for that is he goes with his heart rather than his head. Bursting into the changing room after a bad result sums up everything that's wrong with his ownership.

3 minutes ago, davenportram said:

That had gone long before Pearson being suspended. 

Yes, and I think a lot of that falls at Mels door. Fans want to know what happened with Clement, and the club have not given them that. "Non footballing reasons". I've heard so many different rumours it's ridiculous. 

We've become a farce. 

This is a storm in a teacup...hopefully to be sorted out in the week, but it doesn't reflect well on the club in truth.

There apparently is a communications director at the club, who presumably is responsible for overlooking the club's relations with the press etc. My view is that there has been a downward slide in the club's outward relationships since this guy came on board. I may be wrong, but silence, refusal, and a somewhat arrogant attitude to the fans, the community in general represented by the press, is not the way to go. If there is a problem, sort it out face to face behind closed doors. This guy may have nothing to do with it, but it certainly doesn't seem Colin Gibson's way to go.

5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

The honeymoon has. Well and truly. The good feeling around the club is long gone. 

Yet the false entitlement remains.

1 minute ago, TroyDyer said:

Yes, and I think a lot of that falls at Mels door. Fans want to know what happened with Clement, and the club have not given them that. "Non footballing reasons". 

The reason has been given on numerous occasions, the fact that people ignore it or choose not to believe them does not mean they have not been given.

3 minutes ago, HantsRam said:

Such a shame - the people I've heard in my life say that have all been utter fools.:huh:

I never hear anybody say anything.

5 minutes ago, TroyDyer said:

Yes, and I think a lot of that falls at Mels door. Fans want to know what happened with Clement, and the club have not given them that. "Non footballing reasons". I've heard so many different rumours it's ridiculous. 

We've become a farce. 

Mel hasn't actually said very much at all since the Clement dismissal and his character assassination over 'The Derby Way' - yet you seem to attribute everything bad, from the weather to Keogh's defending, to him personally.

The fact that you have heard 'so many different rumours' says everything to me. Nobody knows anything, so they are making things up - then they are attributing blame for them all to Mel irrespective of whether they are true or not.

I suppose that even though they are different, there will be some people who choose to believe them all because it suits their agenda.

Archived