No interviews

IlsonDerby

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Eastdevonram said:

if that is true about mel going off on one and being in the wrong,why would powel want to stay to put up with that sort of behaviour especially if he is a friend of pearson's and he was  not the instigator of the fall out..

Money talks? The chance to manage a club bigger than the previous clubs he has managed? Because he really is a true gent? The possibilities are endless.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

Find me any interview where it was stated that PC was sacked because of results.

We can only assume it was and Mel panicked after a wobble after a few bad results. Hiring Pearson afterwards goes against the "Derby way" idea anyway. Wish there was some clarity on the true reasons why Clement was sacked, the Derby way argument sounded like a red herring then and I have not changed my mind since then.

Just now, McLovin said:

We can only assume it was and Mel panicked after a wobble after a few bad results. Hiring Pearson afterwards goes against the "Derby way" idea anyway. Wish there was some clarity on the true reasons why Clement was sacked, the Derby way argument sounded like a red herring then and I have not changed my mind since then.

Why would you assume that when you have been told something different?

It just seems typical of the latest generation of fans who want a big story out absolutely everything that goes on at the club.

Lost count of the number of people who have left the club for having an affair with a team mates missus now.

Maybe RD had a point when they said the place is like a soap opera.

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not adhering to Mel's 'Derby Way' vision.

Style of football and giving youth a chance.

Was supposedly discussed on nnumerous occasions where PC agreed to realign to the vision but never did.

Cool.

Personally didn't mind the style of play. It wasn't McClaren but neither was it early years of Clough with Dean Moxey as a lone striker.

He played Hanson a few times and carried on playing Hughes amd Hendrick. If the academy players aren't good enough then they aren't good enough and shouldn't play.

I'm thankful for Mel's money and the investment in the academy and infrastructure, but if I have to read or hear "can't believe the criticism when his heart is in the right place" one more time...

My heart is in the right place, but if I had a billion quid it would be spunked up the wall on cocaine and women and those stand up baths that old people have. Mel for all his business background doesn't seem to know what is the right decision to make when it comes to hiring the most important person at the club. Certainly needs some PR lessons as well.

5 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Cool.

Personally didn't mind the style of play. It wasn't McClaren but neither was it early years of Clough with Dean Moxey as a lone striker.

He played Hanson a few times and carried on playing Hughes amd Hendrick. If the academy players aren't good enough then they aren't good enough and shouldn't play.

I'm thankful for Mel's money and the investment in the academy and infrastructure, but if I have to read or hear "can't believe the criticism when his heart is in the right place" one more time...

My heart is in the right place, but if I had a billion quid it would be spunked up the wall on cocaine and women and those stand up baths that old people have. Mel for all his business background doesn't seem to know what is the right decision to make when it comes to hiring the most important person at the club. Certainly needs some PR lessons as well.

Can I be a hanger on if you ever get a billion?

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

In the absence of any confirmation from either Clement himself or MM, why can we "only assume" the sacking was due to results?

2 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

Cool.

Agree with pretty much all you have written.

I think the general feel was that Zanzala and Lowe should have been around the first team more. (Begs the question why MM let PC go out and buy more players in the January transfer window).

End of the day if your employer suggests you do something and you don't agree, you should tell them. If you sit there, agree with them and then just ignore what's been discussed its only likely to end in one way.

I agree that MM should not be immune from criticism but it should be constructive rather than some of the personal attacks you see on here.

NP appointment is perfect example. Large majority wanted him and saying excellent acquisition, now we have the large majority saying he was a poor appointment!

3 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

A bit petty, to.be honest.

Radio derby are not answerable to the club and they are within their rights to have an opinion even if its not flattering. 

Nail on the head. If it's because of some commentators opinion on radio, it's very petty.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

What an earth can the Club have been thinking, singling out RD to not talk to? This is as good a media gaff as 'the Derby Way' bananas! FFS!

Blame Gibbo, I reckon he's got it in for radio Derby myself 

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

Whoever made the decision has given me a negative view on the mindset of those in charge of such things. Just let us ask about the games and brief them not to mention Pearson. Done. 

Now why didn't someone at the club think of that? Far too simple eh 

Crazy situation. How I laughed when Billy Davies insisted on this at the Gumps.

Shockingly poor judgement by the club, presumably from right at the top. Radio Derby is an important link between club and community and has certainly not been unduly negative in its reporting or especially forensic in its interviews. Both sides have always understood up until this point that they have to maintain cordial relations.

Shutting up shop creates a siege mentality and a loss of perspective.

Archived