Bradley Johnson

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

And let's be honest, he has been dominant for about 12 games over a 3 year period.

He's a fantastic player on his day but upsetting the applecart to shoehorn him into the team could have catastrophic consequences.

Good god. Thorne healthy is without a shadow of a doubt our best player (alongside hughes) and arguably the best player in the division. How quick we forget. I'm all for his shoe horn in the applecart.

1 hour ago, Ninos said:

Good god. Thorne healthy is without a shadow of a doubt our best player (alongside hughes) and arguably the best player in the division. How quick we forget. I'm all for his shoe horn in the applecart.

The key point being a 'healthy George Thorne'.

I've not forgotten anything thank you, he's a fantastic talent but looked cumbersome last time after returning from injury.

If you think dropping in form players is a good idea then you are welcome to that opinion.

In my opinion, unless it's going to have a major major effect on the team, it's not something worth doing.

Bringing Thorne back would mean an instant change to how we are currently playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think as a 3 they've been excellent. Over the run they've all had games to shine and games where they've just been steadily reliable. 

Their defensive organisation is superb. 

No headless chicken impressions except when the opposition is turned around. And Johnson makes it very difficult to get a run at Pearce and Keogh. 

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

Consistently becoming one of the key parts of our team, another commanding performance- broke up play so so well throughout, started off so many of our attacks

Solid throughout but you're not wrong, he went up a level 2nd half and just bossed it, his tackles at times are just brutal but nearly always fair. Don't think we have had anyone since Seth so committed in the middle; more vision with it too.

1 hour ago, jagerbob said:

Thorne wouldnt get a game in this team.

Dunno, probably end up at full back at this rate! Know what you mean though, take more than 1 iffy game to shift Brad in my mind. Gives George plenty of time to get fit, this time with no pressure to play.

Bladders' turnaround, along with the emergence of Igor Pearce has been the best thing so far about this season. 

I cant help feeling embarrassed for the fans who were booing him off the park 6 months ago, especially when most of the stadium, including said idiotic fans are chanting his name. I sit in the West Upper, where people are generally not happy if they aren't moaning and I nearly came to blows with a couple of youngish lads who were booing him off so vitriolically not so long ago - they are the same pissy-faced lads who are the only three in a row of 60 that refuse to engage with the flags. In fact, if they fell face first into a barrel full of nipples, I don't think they'd be happy unless they came up sucking their thumb. 

I didn't boo Bradley then, and I won't boo the next scapegoat. You never know what they might end up contributing.

UTR.

He was immense today, was certainly a game for him and fair play to him he shone.

iv never booed him or any other player, it's pointless and no one wins but I'll be the first to admit that I certainly thought his days were numbered here and that it was basically 6m down the kurmit.

But hats off to him and to mclaren, he's been a breath of fresh air and has given us something I haven't seen us have at this level since the days of Robbie van de laan, which is someone who when the games gets fierce and tough and the tackles start flying in just roles his sleeves up and says 'bring it on'

Without getting ahead of myself (oh sod it let's dream) it's that sort metal that gets u out of this league, aka Burnley.

who knows if mclaren can turn Blackman into a similar success I might start calling him 'the great one'

50 minutes ago, Mos_Ram said:

Bladders' turnaround, along with the emergence of Igor Pearce has been the best thing so far about this season. 

I cant help feeling embarrassed for the fans who were booing him off the park 6 months ago, especially when most of the stadium, including said idiotic fans are chanting his name. I sit in the West Upper, where people are generally not happy if they aren't moaning and I nearly came to blows with a couple of youngish lads who were booing him off so vitriolically not so long ago - they are the same pissy-faced lads who are the only three in a row of 60 that refuse to engage with the flags. In fact, if they fell face first into a barrel full of nipples, I don't think they'd be happy unless they came up sucking their thumb. 

I didn't boo Bradley then, and I won't boo the next scapegoat. You never know what they might end up contributing.

UTR.

Stupendous comment! LOBL!

Archived