Bradley Johnson

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bannan was running the show again. Johnson and Hanson were passengers for almost all of that game. But they held their positions well. I am surprised how little has been mentioned of Hanson. If he got stuck in today (and Johnson) their midfield would have run riot so in that light he played well. Just sat in front of Keogh and Pearce most of the game. Not committing to anything unless he had to. While when we attacked he held his line high up the pitch so that we could keep them under pressure. 

Johnson was solid today. Disagreed with McClaren's comments that butterfield ran the game, that honour went to Barry Bannan, he was a class above everyone on the pitch. Butterfield did ok but nothing more, he doesn't have the engine to play in a midfield 3.

Hard fought win today, lots of effort and endeavour but a long way to go. For me we were outplayed in midfield for long periods, Bryson and Hughes need to be straight back in when fit and available, we need running power energy and midfielders to go beyond the front man and get in the box if we're going to be a force.

1 hour ago, Uptherams said:

Bannan was running the show again. Johnson and Hanson were passengers for almost all of that game. But they held their positions well. I am surprised how little has been mentioned of Hanson. If he got stuck in today (and Johnson) their midfield would have run riot so in that light he played well. Just sat in front of Keogh and Pearce most of the game. Not committing to anything unless he had to. While when we attacked he held his line high up the pitch so that we could keep them under pressure. 

Disagree with Bannan running show but agree with everything else. Thought Bannan was safe more often than not, played very deep 

Always knew there was a player in there somewhere, you don't just suddenly go from being one of the leagues best players to one of the worst. Glad he's found his mojo, gives us something different in the middle of the park in terms of his strength and range of passing, and he's definately good comptetition for throne. Clearly he's got whatever clement did to him out of his system and long may it continue, always striked me as a nice bloke, let's hope he gets back to being the fan favourite he was in his first few games

If picking up the ball two yards from your centre halves and passing it to your full back is running the show, then yes, bannan ran the show.

Second half particularly Derby allowed Wednesday to play in front of them, sat 10 men deep and pressed when Wednesday hit the final third, attempting to play on the break. 

It was a new way of playing and they made a decent enough fist of it.

• 1 month later...

Surprised this thread never got a bump last 2 games , yet alone whole of November.

So after another solid display today, I'm fast believing our Brad is a contender for player of the year and yes I am becoming a Johnson cheerleader, but always thought he he'd it in him from his Norwich displays.

Really taken to his no nonsense style and his future could well be centre mid from now. Mac is going to have a real nice problem once G.T fit, as Johnson making the role look so simple, just by playing so bloody well.

Keep it up Brad lad

2 minutes ago, Gritters said:

Loved his tussle with Osborne I reckon he shat his pants.

All those poncey Gumps running to the ref to say did you see that nasty man with the tats, he put his hand on our player.

That the play acting bar stewards earned him a booking so early, made his performance today even more measured and composed; walked the tightrope for a while and noticed one moment of play when one of the gumps ran past, he would normally have made the tackle; that he didn't risk it knowing others were behind him, showed his experience.

First time I have seen him live in that role for us ,, very happy for him and for us ,he was huge today ,as the poster above says he showed real maturity and control after the booking in walking the tightrope between not getting another yellow but still being effective and dominant in there ,, Thorne is by no means automatic to walk right back into the first team

Much have been said already, but what has impressed me most is how quickly makes his passes.Spreads our game with fist touch, sometimes two but always quickly.

It makes a big difference to our attacking play. More room for Ince and Hughes.

Can't see Johnson losing his place to Thorne this season it's as if he's played dm all his career which makes me think can Thorne play further up the field? After all he can pass and score would like to see a midfield with Johnson,Thorne and Hughes in it.

Archived