Bradley Johnson

SuperDerbySuperRams

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 27/09/2016 at 21:55, DcFc Dyycheee said:

He has been absolute rubbish for a while, but glad he's done well. Lets hope he gets back to the Johnson that first signed. 

He hasnt been rubbish. he just gets benched if he misplays a few passes. Today he did one utterly horrendous pass, remember it? Then he puts in a stellar performance. Dude needs a nice long run in the side in the CDM spot.

6 minutes ago, Ninos said:

He hasnt been rubbish. he just gets benched if he misplays a few passes. Today he did one utterly horrendous pass, remember it? Then he puts in a stellar performance. Dude needs a nice long run in the side in the CDM spot.

Meh, I think his performances since after that Forest defeat were pretty dire. Finally got himself going vs Hull then got injured. Then had an absolute dreadful performance in the play off game. 

Was good against Cardiff, and MOTM today I thought. Looked like the dominant midfielder we first signed. 

We've been crying out for a player like him, I was amazed he didn't play more under Pearson given his style. I've believed that he should be starting in that lightweight midfield for a while now, it's not his role but we've been so unphysical that teams have played through us too easily. 

He was excellent, passing wise and defensively he was exactly what we needed. Until Thorne returns and a more suitable replacement for that position is found for when Thorne isn't available then he should keep his place in this side, barring any horrible turn of form. 

Bloody brilliant today, had a massive influence on the game, kept us tight and was physically awesome. Showed exactly what he offers at DM physicality and speed closing down. Different to Thorne, but more attacking IMO. Was fairly good on the ball too, anyone see that pass to Vydra in the first half?

Also, won the corner leading to the goal because he was thinking ahead of everyone else and chasing down the ball.

MOTM for me, even if there were some better performances.

It was between Brad and Max today, the unity when Jonny smashed the ball home and the ensuing celebrations. 

1 very Happy Ram right now. Still not sure how Vydra was offside for a potential 2nd goal. In the grand scheme who cares 3 points in the bag! Happy Ram :D

It was fantastic to see smiling faces on the way out of the Ipro. 

Happy Ram :D

10 minutes ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

It was between Brad and Max today, the unity when Jonny smashed the ball home and the ensuing celebrations. 

1 very Happy Ram right now. Still not sure how Vydra was offside for a potential 2nd goal. In the grand scheme who cares 3 points in the bag! Happy Ram :D

It was fantastic to see smiling faces on the way out of the Ipro. 

Happy Ram :D

Not even a contest today ! Max was good ! Bradley was immense!! 

On 27/09/2016 at 21:41, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

I didn't go tonight (I doubt many did!) but just got a text off my pal who did, and apparently he was outstanding all evening. 

So hopefully his critics, who get on his back after one misplaced pass, take note! 

He was excellent, and hope to see him play in that position for a run of games.

However let's not deny he has had some poor games, littered with errors. But that may be because he wasn't being played in his best position.

Always a valuable player at this level. The abuse he has received has been unjust. I hope he has a good season. I've said since the start he's the type of player we need. What he lacks in technicality he makes up in physicality and presence. Nearly every squad in this league would have Bradley Johnson in their squad without hesitation. Chuffed he had a good game, he's a fantastic player.

Great game from brads today, by a country mile star man, so pleased for him, to shut the critics up, gave his all today, and I think that Mac will get the best out of him, he gives us a physical presence in the middle, which you need in the championship. So happy we beat the Leeds scum. Once a Ram always a Ram.

Archived